Advice about buying computer

Vispilotion

Beta member
Hi to all! I'm buying a new computer and I'm not sure about three things i would like to hear help from you...

Computer is mostly to like being used for gaming very demanding games... :)

Processor...
Original with the configuration goes Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 2x3.16 GHz. So I'm interested, is one of the next processors better than this one?

-Intel® Core(TM) 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 GHz
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750+ (very cheap one, I'm suspicious a bit)
-AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition, 2.8 GHz
-AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition
-AMD Phenom II X4 810, 2.6 GHz
-AMD Phenom II X4 920, 2.8 GHz

Sooo... Original processor have more GHz than this ones, but who knows, maybe quad core is better for gaming?

Next, is 8 GB very better than 4?

And last one, how much is ATI Radeon HD4850 1024 MB better than ATI Radeon HD4670 512 MB?

Thanks

the 4850 will blow the 4670 out of the water... but the 4670 isnt a bad card

quad will be better, but its not NECESSARY... its really nice to have though

no, 4gb is plenty... 6gb is pretty much the peak you need... 4 will be PLENTY

I would recommend the 4gb with 4850 512mb card (not a lot of increase for 1gb)

Go with the triple, what motherboard would you be using?

Ok, so HD4850 with 512 MB is ok than...

Triple core? Mother board is s.775, TP43, BUS 1600 MHz, only this is in the description, but I can put in some other. (?)

yea you can, but it would be more helpful if you can post the link to the mobo

Quad is the fastest processor you can buy. If you are getting more than 3 gbs of ram get a 64 bit operating system.

I just said Triple core because it is a good performer and is awesome price/performance over the C2D

Yes I will get 4 gigs of ram and 64 bit vista.

quad is the fastest?ok but i'm confused about that, quad has 4 cores of for example 2.6 ghz, and dual has 3.2 ghz, so which one is faster (better of performance)? 4 slower cores or 2 faster?

Where are you ordering this from exactly? Not all of those CPUs are supported by the same motherboard.

Out of that list, I would say go with the X3 720, but it depends on the answer to the question above.

Since you said you like gaming i would go with the Intel® Core(TM) 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 GHz processor and the ATI Radeon HD4850 1024 MB graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom