Meet Milo

Haha, I was pretty much saying the same things as Kage. Thats why I was doing research and said they only showed the parts that actually worked to catch our interest.

Unless we could program him to have a problem.
Then program him to try and figure out how to fix it.

I am not saying that this wouldn't be incredibly hard.. And to get to the level that would be useful it would take years..

Thats kind of how programming is. A program is an problem solver. But that doesnt really work on this. You can program him to understand the letter 'A', but not understand the letter 'B'. If you do something that refers to 'B', he will crash unless the programmer made a loop to prevent that. In this case, Milo will not understand the saying like "F*** You" because the programmer has no intention of putting that. So if you were to say it, Milo would not understand what you are saying.

Haha, I was pretty much saying the same things as Kage. Thats why I was doing research and said they only showed the parts that actually worked to catch our interest.

Thats kind of how programming is. A program is an problem solver. But that doesnt really work on this. You can program him to understand the letter 'A', but not understand the letter 'B'. If you do something that refers to 'B', he will crash unless the programmer made a loop to prevent that. In this case, Milo will not understand the saying like "F*** You" because the programmer has no intention of putting that. So if you were to say it, Milo would not understand what you are saying.

Oh I totally get what you are saying. I program with PHP all the time. I get it.

But what if Milo had a script running to take new words. Listen to the sounding. Attempt to spell them. Remember them. Then use something.. like the internet. to search the term. Find the definition. If it's not totally understood He could then repeat the process until it understood the initial definition.

EDIT: It would be like a giant web of words.

I wish that was possible.
I mean, it probably is, but getting a machine to understand anything is a very hard thing to do. I mean, how do you program a piece of software to learn something its not been programmed to know?...

It would make a good chat application--you become Milo, thus no worries about the AI. It could be a 3D Habbo Hotel.

I wish that was possible.
I mean, it probably is, but getting a machine to understand anything is a very hard thing to do. I mean, how do you program a piece of software to learn something its not been programmed to know?...
Yeah it would be unbelievably hard.

Back
Top Bottom