So I'm thinking of a tattoo

norsktreeoflife.jpg

This would look ok on the wide part of the back of your calf. I think that's about it. Circular tattoos don't fit well in many places I find. My favourite style is to have a tattoo custom fitted to the exact location you want to put it whether it means taking measurements before or simply free hand drawing it on the spot and tattooing right after.
Another reason I recommend getting a tattoo that is more form fitted to your preferred tattoo location is that it will present itself as being more personal rather than just a "stamp" looking mark on your body that could have been placed anywhere.

My first concern with your choices is that they are not at all original. That's not necessarily a bad thing but I think you will more pleased knowing that you have a unique tattoo that you won't find on anyone else. You also gain much more respect from those who see it too. Zodiac signs, and celtic designs are two styles of tattoos that fall into the usual categories that people get along with others such as tribal, flowers, japanese symbols/coy fish, butterflies,etc.
If you're going to go with a Norwegian symbol, do your research, get to know what they involve in looks and draw one on your own. You can always get someone to clean it up for you later. Go through a number of trials until you come up with something you like then pin it up in a spot where you will see it every day and seriously...leave it for a while (a month at least). If you can still look at it every day and comfortably visualize it on your body after that time has passed then there's a good chance you will never regret having it tattooed on yourself.

And one last thing once you're passed everything I said above. Shop around amongst tattoo artists! This is very important and it could mean the difference between a good tattoo and a bad tattoo!! Find someone who is comfortable tattooing what you have chosen and ask to see their portfolios. Specifically look for similar tattoos or tattoo techniques in their previous works that reflect what you want to see on yourself. Always remember that just because someone recommends an artist who did a good job on a tattoo on them or someone they know it doesn't mean that this artist will be suitable for you. So of course be critical of who you choose to go with.

Ive definitely decided a scorpion. However, I still like the design of what I have above. I am going to re-draw it and tweak it to my own personal taste and see what happens :)

But It is always nice to get a custom tattoo drawn up but its gonna cost extra unless you, or someone you know is an artist. Not many tattoo artists are going to draw you up something for free.
he could always draw it himself, and even if he's not a good paper/pen artist there is always computers that you can draw things on until they are pixel perfect then size it right and print it out...

(of course you may have to print it several times to get the sizing perfect!).

if you draw it yourself you know you;re getting a unique tattoo, even if it's based on something else and you've just added your own flourish

I'd double think the zodic sign idea and instead make it a family piece. Anyhow, what the hell does a zodiac have to do with you anyways? Family personal pieces are ALWAYS a good choice for a personal history piece.

I'm just saying because of the people I know that have had a zodiac sign or something on them, have hated it and gotten it covered up. Because they really are stupid as sh*t and take up real estate on you that you could definitely use for something better later.

Listen to this song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIVeyTG9KB0

:)

I'm not a fan of tattoos (and probably never will be; never will get one most likely), but I have a friend that likes them. I keep telling her a lot of these things people have mentioned... You've got to make it your own. She really is in to sparrows, and she found a good tat of one, but there's someone on every other page of google that has one too, so I told her I'd play around with it a little bit and see what we could come up with as a rough copy. We went from these (all very rough PS edits):

2uif56q.jpg

23r1f1t.jpg

to something like these:

(I got the inspiration from this since when I copied the sparrow over to the picture, it fit so well with the curve of the body that I though a side tat would fit really neat. My friend loves the idea):
2dl6deo.jpg

(And this is the closest I came last night to having a decent view. It's hard cuz we are going to wrap the wings around her stomach and back and that's hard to do in 2D):
n4xhxu.jpg

But, my point of this isn't to steal your thread, it's to explain that you should make something your own. I think it's a great idea to draw/modify what you are thinking of to make it unique. Like everyone suggested, hang it up somewhere; if you get sick of it, don't get it.

Hey Koby....have a look here I've found some cool designs there. See if there is anything you like.

The scorpion is a badass tat though. I like the tribal style of tattoo's, my dragon is tribal style.

Hey Koby....have a look here I've found some cool designs there. See if there is anything you like.

The scorpion is a badass tat though. I like the tribal style of tattoo's, my dragon is tribal style.

Thats funny with your link I found the scorpion I like and its supposed to be 'tribal' well according to that site, but its definitely Celtic because of the knot work in the body.

Thats funny with your link I found the scorpion I like and its supposed to be 'tribal' well according to that site, but its definitely Celtic because of the knot work in the body.
Well they do have celtic stuff on there too. I think it's a great site for finding free tattoos. The other pay sites give you the tattoo and the outline when you pay for it but you don't need that. A good tattoo artist can make an outline in a few minutes (depending on the tattoo)

If I am going to get a tattoo, I'd probably have something as simple as Chris Brown's little stars behind his ear (not sure from which side is that). Even Korean singer Rain has one, and just one star behind his right ear I believe. The simpler and more subtle, the better.

Back
Top Bottom