Gallery: Cases

yeah it is a 120mm exhaust fan and no those fans weren't green when I got it. I swapped em out. They are pretty cheap but move like 69 cfm but are loud. I think they are 39 DBA. I dont mind it a lil loud though. I had to take my side fan off the plexi as well for my Xiggy. But the side bar still has the fan on it. not like it really does much but its still there. I need to get that bracket to switch my stupid HSF so it is vertical thought because it is really friggen annoying which is why I was trying to get a new cooler but the ones that I did try didn't cool as well as my xiggy so I kept going back to it. So a syringe of MX-2 later I am back where i started...LOL

I don't even use my cathodes because all the LED's in there drown them out so they are there for now so if I decide to replace the green fans I will use them but I don't think that I will take them out because they make it look good IMO. I am just waiting for the warranty to run out on my PSU so that I can take that fan out and switch the LED's in that one too. It is blue now which annoys me. I dont mind the white ones on the xiggy cuz I think it makes it look better with the black HSF so I left those ones in there as well.

Yeah, my bar and fan fit just fine before I put my Zalman on the gfx card, then the tabs (or whatever) on the fan that secure the gfx card were too big (even with them fully removed), so I had to take it off. But I'm not sure if that fan was doing anything anyways so... :p

What color are your cathodes? Green? And as for the fan noise, these are the ones that I've got. They move more air than the stock ones that came with the Raidmax, so I switched them out with the front intake, and put 2 on the Xiggy...they are also much more quiet...and I think it does outperform the one that came stock on the Xiggy--which I threw in my parents computer.

Anyways, when I get my hole cut, I would like to pick up a high flow (don't care how loud) one for the back exhaust (since I'm out of cooler masters anyways since one from the 4-pack is also in the 'rent's build). I was thinking of grabbing 2 or 3 of these (free shipping after 2 anyways...). But I know Cabbs usually has some good fans to recommend...so, I'll see what he says

Slipstreams. Good airflow for their RPM, but static pressure sucks. Definitely not a heatsink/radiator fan. It'll move air if nothing is blocking it though. Don't put a fan grille behind it either.

I remember a long time ago I was like "I don't care how loud it is" and went and bought a couple of 92MM Tornado's for my Thermaltake Tower112. I returned them the same day rofl. But those things spin at 4800 RPM, more of a benching fan than anything. Wasn't really thinking when I bought it.

OK, I finally got all the guts in my new system. Forgive me for the lousy snap shot (with flash, yuck!)

Quad.jpg

Not too much room left!

4870's?

The blue PSU kinda stands out lol. Looks like a pretty powerful machine in that small case.

4870's?

The blue PSU kinda stands out lol. Looks like a pretty powerful machine in that small case.

Yup! 4870

Black would have been my preference but they wanted $10 more than the blue and the color was the only difference. It's a PC power and cooling 750 silencer.

Nice. Palit? Mine had the same cooler, except the heatpipes are nickel-plated.

Must get hot in there when gaming.

Slipstreams. Good airflow for their RPM, but static pressure sucks. Definitely not a heatsink/radiator fan. It'll move air if nothing is blocking it though. Don't put a fan grille behind it either.

I always forget that. I remember reading that, and I completely forgot. I could still use one as exhaust and use one to pull heat off my Xiggy. So I guess I"ll only really need 2 then.

Nice. Palit? Mine had the same cooler, except the heatpipes are nickel-plated.

Must get hot in there when gaming.

Actually, powercolor AX4870 512MD5 video display adapters. Heatsink is a dark knight cooling a Q9650, 8G corsair ram on a Intel DP45SG motherboard. It's got a couple 1TB 7200rpm SATA drives.

I'm pretty anxious for the 1200. I'm turning my Q6600 rig into a BTX style setup in the stacker and getting rid of my DVD burner drive. I barely use it.

I always forget that. I remember reading that, and I completely forgot. I could still use one as exhaust and use one to pull heat off my Xiggy. So I guess I"ll only really need 2 then.

Yeah, that would probably be fine. Just keep in mind that they are sleeve bearing fans. Run them vertically, horizontally will lead to premature failure.

Actually, powercolor AX4870 512MD5 video display adapters. Heatsink is a dark knight cooling a Q9650, 8G corsair ram on a Intel DP45SG motherboard. It's got a couple 1TB 7200rpm SATA drives.

I could use a couple of 1TB drives, I just can't bring myself to spend the money. Sounds like a pretty beefy rig.

I'm pretty anxious for the 1200. I'm turning my Q6600 rig into a BTX style setup in the stacker and getting rid of my DVD burner drive. I barely use it.

Is it an actual BTX motherboard, or an inverted-ATX like mine? 775 BTX motherboard have the socket rotated like 45 degrees or something.

gigabyte_ga-8ibgnbx-rh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom