Car Thread!

lol yup what ever you say "car enthusiast" lol, funny how i use facts and u use your driven opinions. Its ok though, take care.

Just go do some research on symmetrical awd and than rw. Clearly dont see how all 4 tires spinning and balancing the power depending on the weight on each wheel handles less than a RW car lol. The whole wish bone thing is not bad lol but if your such a car enthusiast as you say, go and do some more research on how symmetrical awd works and rw. My subaru will even out perform the new 328 in handling. Sorry guy lol but it is a fact, now go do some research cause obviously you havent.

Right and you blowing hot air out of your ass totally makes you knowledgeable. :rolleyes: You haven't given a single fact in any of your posts. Don't mistake subjective feelings for cold-hard facts. I don't doubt Subaru's AWD system being able to do it's job (trust me, I've been to my fair share of track and autocross events), I just doubt what you say is fact especially since you haven't said a single one. All you've been doing is drumming around saying how Symmetrical AWD is better than RWD.

Anyways, AWD does come in handy in low traction/wet conditions. I know how AWD works (funny how you assume I don't). Of course, if you're in a RWD car you won't have that "planted" feeling, but given the suspension setup and tires you're running, you'll still be quick in the wet. Or if you've got the balls you can go tail out like those RWD rally cars of old. :D However, I still maintain that RWD is inherently more neutral and balanced in handling. Rear wheels deliver power and front wheels do their job of steering the car.

The one problem I have with AWD is the tendency for understeer. Sure, the power is distributed as even as possible to all the wheels, but even then theres only so much power the front wheels can handle. Sure, RWD does have oversteer, but if you're driving something relatively low powered like a 325i getting the tail out is harder unless you're in a really low gear or if you have the entry speed. You'll probably start understeering in an AWD car before you'll get oversteer in a RWD car in the dry. Another problem with AWD that I have is that you have to be careful with the throttle mid-corner and coming out of the corner if you want to deal with the understeer. RWD you just have to evenly power though mid and as you're exiting you gradually give more and more power (depending on how powerful your car is). Obviously with both drivetrains you have to have the right braking point or none of what I just said in the last two sentences even matters. Sure, with AWD you could just mash the accelerator, let the computer do it's job and ride the understeer, but that's only ideal in something like autocross or time attack where you do quick short runs and don't have to worry about tire longevity. You try that on a touge run or through an entire track day and you can say goodbye to your tires and expect to plow through the pearly gates face first. Of course, we all know the coolest way to go through the pearly gates (according to Top Gear) is by oversteering into a tree and into a giant ball of flame.

As far as saying you could beat a 2009 328i, I doubt it. What variant is your 2005 Outback? Engine? Power output? You may have the straight line advantage as the 3.0-litre straight six only puts out 255hp stock and being a NA motor the torque range is around 3-4,000 rpm. As for handling, I highly doubt you could take it on. Stock for stock the BMW has a stiffer chassis with updated suspension and even with your AWD training wheels, you'd probably be left in it's trail. In comparison with Russel's 325i that depends on several factors that mostly revolve around what variant you have.

Also, it's called double wishbone suspension (or single if you have MacPherson struts), not "The whole wish bone thing". ;)

Yes M5's are meant to be babyed but the M5 is one of bmw's high end class cars and it cant do crap in an enviroment like that where handling matters the most. Was going up against an old impreza aswell lol. Since the M5 is so high end id expect it to handle better than a 325i or a 328 lol.

Hahaha, sure maybe on a mountain road with blind corners and tight twists you can take on the M5 (it is rather heavy). I dare you to try and race it on the Nurburgring though. In dry conditions it'll do it's part on the corners and when it comes to the boring bits called the straights (Americans might find that part exciting) prepare to get owned. Just don't bring it to a local winter rally. :p

No subaru has the best awd system available at this time so thank you very much and stop spitting out opinions.

If you think Subaru's AWD system is the best then you haven't seen Nissan's ATTESA ETS system. As much as I like Quattro, every system unfortunately is inferior to ATTESA. It's the sole reason why the Nissan GT-R is the car it is today.

A 2.7T B5 S4 with a simple chip upgrade will rape any Subaru. Brings it from 250 to 318 bhp and from 258 to 382 lb/ft torque (specs quoted from the APR chip @ 93 octane). Definitely one of the most mod friendly cars. And it has quattro. Not a drag car by any means, but will get to 60 in under 5 seconds and with a good driver will break 13 seconds in the 1/4 mile.
The V8 version is kinda lame IMO it doesn't live up to the S4 name...not a mod friendly car, more of a fun but reliable daily driver.

Just for you guys to get excited, you should be seeing a lot more of one of these babies coming up starting Saturday if you know what I mean :) :) :)
1002170.jpg

/teaser

who said anything about a subaru beating an s4 1/4 mile lol ? lol you really need to start reading what we post freestyle cause ur head is not in the game

who said anything about a subaru beating an s4 1/4 mile lol ? lol you really need to start reading what we post freestyle cause ur head is not in the game

Speaking of reading posts, what's your response to Alvino's last post? He has some really good points I'd like to hear your input on.

lol right thats why the v8 version of the S4 runs the same 1/4 miles as the new evo x, great opinion lol.

Yes M5's are meant to be babyed but the M5 is one of bmw's high end class cars and it cant do crap in an enviroment like that where handling matters the most. Was going up against an old impreza aswell lol. Since the M5 is so high end id expect it to handle better than a 325i or a 328 lol.

Yes i did mention snow and off-road in one of my posts, u should go back and read some more. If you dont believe me about the m5 thing ill try to find the video on youtube.

in one of your posts you did mention that but in your original post you stated that suburu's handle better than BMWs. And what are you talking about that an M5 cant do crap in an environment that handling matters the most. That is the sports car of the 5 series. It was made to be the car that handles and drives the best of them all.

And just a quick question do you really think that the V8 version is faster than the V6 twin turbo?

Like I said before there is no point in even bothering to discuss this with you because like a true fanboy you are just pulling crap out of your butt to explain why its better. It is based on a youtube video why you believe that the car is better. Come at me with some genuine facts and I will discuss further. but until then we all know which is true and what is not. Give me the choice of a suburu impreza and a bmw M5 and its pretty easy to chose. You can have the impreza...:p

My neighbor had this parked in the driveway...Sweet Ride! (Sorry for the less than perfect photo of the A4, it was a quick snapshot)

A4.jpg

That's my 325i in the background BTW.

Whoops, I meant Evo. Same junky Asian 4 bangers, right? Kidding, kidding, they really aren't bad cars at all. :)

I'm kinda excited to see what the new B8 S4 will do, 3.0L supercharged V6. 330bhp/325lbft stock. Should be able to make some serious power with just a new pulley.

My neighbor had this parked in the driveway...Sweet Ride! (Sorry for the less than perfect photo of the A4, it was a quick snapshot)

A4.jpg

That's my 325i in the background BTW.

Those are really nice cars, the R8 ranks in top ten of my favorite cars, Audi builds quality cars.

Speaking of reading posts, what's your response to Alvino's last post? He has some really good points I'd like to hear your input on.

didnt actually read what it says, like i said im done with him. He obviously is not a car enthusiast, ask any "REAL" car enthusiast, ask anyone that actually works on cars every day, actually builds them puts them together, someone who has been around cars for a real long time, an actual "Car Enthusiast," he will say hands down that the Symmetrical AWD sysem that Subaru has will out handle a BMW RW drive system.

if only russel lived near me, i would literally drive to his house and we would have a little test on a parking lot or somewhere with a very tight corner and see how fast we can actually take the turn. I would not mind doing that if he lived by me, obviously he does not.

didnt actually read what it says, like i said im done with him. He obviously is not a car enthusiast, ask any "REAL" car enthusiast, ask anyone that actually works on cars every day, actually builds them puts them together, someone who has been around cars for a real long time, an actual "Car Enthusiast," he will say hands down that the Symmetrical AWD sysem that Subaru has will out handle a BMW RW drive system.

if only russel lived near me, i would literally drive to his house and we would have a little test on a parking lot or somewhere with a very tight corner and see how fast we can actually take the turn. I would not mind doing that if he lived by me, obviously he does not.

I disagree with you, but I don't really care enough to argue with you about it. You're opinion, so whatever.

Back
Top Bottom