Gallery: Cases

AMD's mounting clips are a really secure mounting system, but it annoys me how you have to mount 90% of coolers out there horizontally. Looks good though.

Thanks man. After seeing the wires in this picture I was inspired to do some clean up. I spent about an hour making it cleaner. I will post some new pics up later on tonight but for now I am going to the BEACH...:D:D

Yeah, the weather in California isn't bad. Still a little breezy, but the sun is nice.

How's the weather in Washington?

It hasn't rained yet. Late last week we had a couple of 80+ degree weather, and the sun's been peeking out behinds the clouds today. It's supposed to rain though, typical Washington weather.

...We had a severe thunderstorm this morning, it was raining sideways. Then it started hailing....sideways. Before the storm it was about 70 degrees out, then it dropped to 55. The storm itself lasted all of 20 minutes (hail only lasted like 2) Now it's back up to about 85. Crazy Missouri weather. :rolleyes:

Anyways, this thread is starting to get off-topic...

I gotta second that Dude this has got to be one of the worst cases in the world when it comes to cable management. Did you put the cathodes on the side arm? I got mine on there and it works pretty good cuz you cant see them when they aren't on. I will try and get some pics of mine up soon since I havent updated mine since I got my new build.

Yeah yours is laid out very much like mine--we both know that you kinda have to stuff any excess wires either in the drive bay area or behind it (between the tray and the drive bays). I have my cold cathodes on the bottom and the side of the MB when looking at it. So there's one on running the long ways with my case on the bottom (illuminates my SATA cables where they connect..as well as the dust on the bottom of my case :p), and I have one running parallel to the MB on the right side of it (so running perpendicular to the drive bays) which illuminates the SATA cabling that runs to my HDD and optical drives. I'm very jealous though...I love the green Smilodon..they didn't have that model when I bought mine. I have a question though, is your top rear exhaust fan a 120mm or an 80mm? Cuz mine's only an 80mm and I really wanna dremel it out to a 120mm cuz my 80mm fans are hideous and crappy. Also, was your front and rear fans always neon green leds? The only case fan that ever glowed in mine was the one that was attached to the vent on the plexi at the top....

Right now, I have my bar off...because I like to look inside...and because it barely fits with my Zalman GPU cooler...I had to take the fan off of the bar to even get the bar itself on..so currently, because of my Xiggy and my Zalman coolers, I have no fans on my plexi...but I actually think it's helped my air flow...and going from 80mm's to 120mm's all-around has helped temps and sound. My air conditioning vent is now louder than my computer. Not that I care...I still turn on my 2 rear 80mm exhausts when I'm doing heavy editing or gaming, and the noise doesn't bother me...

It looks like his rear exhaust is 120MM. Cutting the hole out isn't hard, you can just use a CD for a template and a 120MM fan for the holes. If you can get a hold of a hole saw it'll be much easier.

It looks like his rear exhaust is 120MM. Cutting the hole out isn't hard, you can just use a CD for a template and a 120MM fan for the holes. If you can get a hold of a hole saw it'll be much easier.

Do you need to use a hole saw that's made just for metal, or are they all the same? I know I've got some in the gee-rahj (it's Minnesotan for 'garage' :p), but I don't know if I have a 12cm one...and if I do, I'm thinking it's a wood hole saw. Anyways, I'll just have to look. It'll be a summer project. It really needs to be a 120mm back there though, because I've got 2-120mm's on my Xiggy and going from 2-120mm to 1-80mm is probably not doing my air flow good...probably not enough back pressure, especially with the 120mm at the front, too. I guess I can always dremel a slightly smaller hole, and grind around it until it's smooth, cuz I'm sure the dremel cut will be very unfinished. I'm going to pull everything anyways, though, because I want to paint the inside black :D ...that way I can get rid of my urge to buy a new case.

yeah it is a 120mm exhaust fan and no those fans weren't green when I got it. I swapped em out. They are pretty cheap but move like 69 cfm but are loud. I think they are 39 DBA. I dont mind it a lil loud though. I had to take my side fan off the plexi as well for my Xiggy. But the side bar still has the fan on it. not like it really does much but its still there. I need to get that bracket to switch my stupid HSF so it is vertical thought because it is really friggen annoying which is why I was trying to get a new cooler but the ones that I did try didn't cool as well as my xiggy so I kept going back to it. So a syringe of MX-2 later I am back where i started...LOL

I don't even use my cathodes because all the LED's in there drown them out so they are there for now so if I decide to replace the green fans I will use them but I don't think that I will take them out because they make it look good IMO. I am just waiting for the warranty to run out on my PSU so that I can take that fan out and switch the LED's in that one too. It is blue now which annoys me. I dont mind the white ones on the xiggy cuz I think it makes it look better with the black HSF so I left those ones in there as well.

Back
Top Bottom