car upgrade =D

id say no more then 500
im really looking for a new radio and a nice sub woofer

Did he ask for your opinion? I'm kinda sick of this mentality around here where everyone forces their views onto people when he really didn't want to hear about that. If he was asking if he should upgrade his stereo, sure, that's fine.

Anyway, back to the topic. How much do you want to spend? That really defines what you can/can't do with it.

**Also you can look at this:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/autoinfo/autoinfo.asp?lp=/app/Car/MyCar.aspx

It's not about forcing my views on anyone its about trying to keep PUBLIC roads safe. Music is a big distraction, especially for new drivers, and if you are so focused on the quality of it when you are driving, especially at a young age, then you are probably not watching the road.

And stock systems have gotten a lot better in recent years.

well the first thing you should do is get a new radio. go to best buy and check em out. If your just trying to get something that sounds good just about any of them there will do and the best thing is you can test em out there to and see which ones you like.

Most of the time that is really all you need in the newer cars to make it sound 100% better because the stock radios dont have as much watts going to the speakers in there.

I really haven't seen too many newer cars that don't have really good sound in them already though

Yes the the radio needs upgrading so you can fully optimize those FM signals...

AHAA....I think what you mean is the "head unit" or otherwise known as the "deck".

Did he ask for your opinion? I'm kinda sick of this mentality around here where everyone forces their views onto people when he really didn't want to hear about that. If he was asking if he should upgrade his stereo, sure, that's fine.
+1
Music is a big distraction, especially for new drivers, and if you are so focused on the quality of it when you are driving, especially at a young age, then you are probably not watching the road.
I agree with you ...but that's not what this thread is about.

shudve went Initial D style and got a toyota corolla ae86 and start making yourself famous by drifting with a tofu car on the mountain roads.

Yes the the radio needs upgrading so you can fully optimize those FM signals...

AHAA....I think what you mean is the "head unit" or otherwise known as the "deck".

LMAO I forgot that a head unit doesn't have a radio right? It is a TOTALLY separate unit correct? Oh wait its all THE SAME. RADIO, HEAD UNIT, STEREO, CD PLAYER, FLIP OUT DVD PLAYER, TAPE PLAYER, 8 TRACK PLAYER and DECK. ALL THE SAME....:D:D:D

I know what ya mean tho D88 but In my eyes there is no difference and Im pretty sure that the OP knows what I am talking about.

just so i no
theres the radio which doubles as an amplifier im guessing?
speakers and then does my car come with a stock sub? i doubt it....

just so i no
theres the radio which doubles as an amplifier im guessing?
speakers and then does my car come with a stock sub? i doubt it....

Yes, most heads (the radio) do amplify, but if you really want it to be loud then you will want to use an external amp.

All you should have to do is upgrade the stock speakers and get a powered head unit. If you want to go more than that, you can get the powered head unit, speaker box and an amp. That will kick the stereo system up quite a bit. Whether you want speakers or subs is up to you. The subs are just for bass.

While we're on the subject of bass, if that is what you are looking for, you could siimply get a bass tube and install it in the trunk. Doesn't take up much room and it will add some thump to what you already have. Or you could get a small powered subwoofer and mount it under the front seat.

Like someone mentioned, the stereo system should be pretty decent the way it is unless it's like a base model camry with a crappy system. Maybe just replace the deck with a more powerful unit and see what happens. If it's still not good enough, you can upgrade further, you don't have to do it all at once. There is a whole host of nice decks that play mp3's, have hookups for ipods....etc.......

Check out Crutchfield for some good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom