Fan controlling for PC

SpeedFan is fairly reputable. It just has problems with manufacturer computers that use different fan headers. Dell, for instance. Plus (obviously) you can't control fans that are connected via molex (4pin flat). I tend not to use it because I like my fans at 100% all the time, lol. Also it doesn't name which fans are which is ok but also sort of annoying. Ntune used to name the fans for me :) But I got rid of Ntune because it TOASTED my original 680i.

Like I said, I just need something to control the speed. I'll give Zalman a try, thanks dude!

Like I said, I just need something to control the speed. I'll give Zalman a try, thanks dude!

Not a problem. I love the thing. It was the best $30 accessory I have ever spent on my computer. It even has to on/off/on switches at the far side, and I have them hooked up to my jimmy-rigged pair of 80mm that are cable tied to the rear of my computer (exhaust)...so one switch runs them...the on/off/on is really 12v/off/5v, so it's like having a high and low. The other switch runs my front case LEDs...so again, it's like having a high and low. One of the neat things about it, too, is that the LEDs on the Zalman lighten or dim depending on how fast you've got the knob set! I've got two 120mm from my Xiggy hooked up, the fan from my GPU, and my front 120mm intake hooked up. I'm tellin ya, I can't give this thing enough credit.

Nice nice. This is what I was looking for, I thought they had software that could adjust your fan speeds...

Nice nice. This is what I was looking for, I thought they had software that could adjust your fan speeds...

Well they do have software, such as speedfan, but I don't trust it. I'm an "analog" type of person. Plus, running software means having to plug your fans into the controllers on the motherboard. This means risking your motherboard at the expense of your fans (a stupid thing to risk your board on, ya know?)..I have had one MB stop working because of a fan controller problem...so I decided never again to use the connectors on the MB and use a dedicated fan controller. Plus, with the number of fans in newer systems, there probably aren't enough connectors on your MB anyways.

I see what your getting at. Software isn't always that trustworthy. Getting an actual fan controller will far out a whole lot better. Good thing school is getting out so I can have time to get Zalman.

Back
Top Bottom