X360 Vs PSP?

Im trying to decide wether to get an Xbox360 or a PSP!

Im Considering an Xbox360 because Forza 3 is coming out which is going to be epic among some other games and plus Xbox 360 games are normally quite cheap!

Though a PSP I Can take with me wherever i go BUT Sony are ticking me off at the moment with the lack of decent games coming out for PSP the fact if i buy a PSP its gonna be outdated in 6 months time because of some new PSP Model....

They are roughly the same price so thats not a problem SO what should i get?

P.s When are microsoft intergrating Facebook with the MS Dashboard?

Xbox 360 all the way. It is a great console and despite it's flaws i wouldn't swap it for any other. Tho that may be because i have a PS2, a SNES, and a Sega Megadrive on standby so i don't need anything else. Not a huge fan of mobile gaming really. I take my iPod when i want to be entertained on the go.

Well i have a PS3 and at the moment sony are screwing that thing over with over pricing and such.I Did have a PSP and it was OK but im not a fan of the ghosting on the lcd screen.

I have both, I prefer the PSP.
Reason is because I have a PC, and most games that comes out to 360 comes out to PC. So my 360 was kind of a waste of money. I only have 5 games on the 360, and those games are the ones that are exclusively to 360 or home consoles. Though there are 20 360 games in the household, I only own 5. I am awaiting for Forza 3 as well.
The 360 looks like crap on an small SDTV, I can barely read any texts or see an details that wowed me. So make sure you are going to play on an HDTV or an monitor. That's my opinion.

There arent much PSP games out that are fun either. I have been playing the same exact 3 games since I got my PSP. Monster Hunter, Initial D, and Crisis Core. I play other games now and then, but I get bored of them after a few hours and stop. It's nice if you have CFW, because then you can play your old PSX classics. I can't wait till Peace Walker comes out. Sony did say this is the year of the PSP with games like Assassins Creed, LBP, GT, Resident Evil, etc that were announced at E3. I think the 3000 series kind of fixed the ghosting problem.

I dont really care if my PSP gets outdated, as long as I can enjoy it, I'm fine. The Go! doesnt intrigue me, so I am fine with my 2000 series. I wanted an 1000 series because of better homebrew, but my mom made me buy an 2000 series instead because of the fake stuff in China...

Heres some Pros and Cons I made from my experience

Xbox 360

Pros -
Home Exclusive games
Multiplayer
Cheap home console

Cons -
Not much games if PC gamer
Looks bad on small SDTV
Cost of accessories
Downloadable Content
Xbox Live (some would disagree)
Achievements (some would disagree)

PSP
Pros -
Portable
PSP exclusive games
PSX classics

Cons -
Can't see under the sun. :mad:
Carrying UMDs
Load times/battery consumption of UMDs

That's all I can think of now. Kind of pulling an all nighter, so I cant really think, and I may not make any sense. :D There are ways around some of the PSP cons, but you need CFW for those.

Yeah, its nice having an CFW PSP. But too bad that it's kind of hard to hack the newer ones now. It's possible to have every PSP now, but dont know for how long.

FYI, you are not really going to get any help from this. I think there are Fanboys in this forum, and people that doesn't like consoles or portables. So in the end, it is pretty much your own decision that you started with.

I have a 360, gaming computer and ipod touch for all my needs. I was considering a psp until the 2nd gen touch came out. They have some pretty decent games for the ipod touch now and wifi. I didn't like the wifi on psp

I recommend getting the 360.

Honestly if I was going to get a portable gaming system it would be a Nintendo DSI....lol flame me all you want but a month ago I was visting my Mom and I gave her DSI a shot and played zelda: Phantom Hourglass.....Man was it a blast...very cleaver as well with their programming....for example this one part this princess was behind a door and she told me I had to yell at her or something like that I cant remember exactly....anyways I had to actually "Yell" in to the DSI's Mic and then she heard me.....same with opening some dungeon doors with flames...you have to actually blow on your DSI to blow out the flames.......genious if you ask me

I have my PC and xb0x 360 for the Hardcore games....the DSI seems like a nice change of pace

The DS is a nice system, but the games on it doesnt match me. I looked over all the games they have released, and yet I have found one to actually own an DS. My brother has an DS, and I play Elite Beat Agents, pretty fun game, but not worth getting an DS over. I don't like the split screen, that gap between the 2 screens bother me.

Back
Top Bottom