Find me a net book? Oh wait.

Intel debuts new Atom N280 said:
The N280 improves significantly on N270's already excellent power consumption, with a rated TDP of 2W, down 20 percent from the N270's 2.5W.

Intel Now Shipping Atom N280 Processor said:
The new single-core Atom processor is paired with a chipset that allows users to watch high-definition content on netbooks while drawing less power. The new GN40 chipset includes a hardware-based high-definition video decoder that allows users to watch 720p HD video content.
Previous Atom chips -- like the Atom N270 with the 945GSE chipset -- do not include hardware-based HD video decoders.
The N280 will power Asus' $399 Eee PC 1000HE netbook, which the PC maker claims offers up to 9.5 hours of battery life.

It seems like the N280 (9.5 hours from Source and Newegg) based lasts 2.5 hours longer than the N270 (7 hours according to Newegg).
Looks it might be worth the $33 difference (Priced from Newegg), with the N280, the netbook lasts longer, and allows you to stream HD. It's totally worth it for those who like to stream HD or go on trips to where they might not be able plug in the netbook to charge. But for those that doesnt watch HD or like to have their netbook charged, then its not worth it.

Source -

Intel debuts new Atom N280, GN40 chipset

Intel tweaks its Atom line with the N280
Intel Now Shipping Atom N280 Processor

Knew what netbooks were for a while but only just thought about buying one. What's the final verdict on a best value net books? I'm in the UK by the way.

The Asus n10 and n20 are pretty nice. I know the n10 has a 9300gt which can play most games at 1024x600. My friend plays crysis on medium on it pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom