Gallery: windows vista/7 experiance index

Still figuring out what I want for the video display adapter, and the hard disk needs improvement:

WinEx.jpg

[edit 6/8/09]

Well, I replaced the video display adapters with a couple HD 4870s and a crossfire bridge. Helped a little.

Upgrade.jpg

[end edit]

[edit again]

Installed a SSD to improve hard drive access, now my 2 crossfired HD 4870 GPUs are the bottleneck!

Win7rating.jpg

[end edit again]

Russell whats yours specs????!?

Intel Q9650 on a Intel DP45SG motherboard with 8G Corsair DDR3 RAM. Video display adapter: EVGA nvidia geforce9600 GSO 512 (still trying to determine what crossfire pair to replace it with.) Hard disk is a Maxtor 1TB 7200 SATA.

[edit] I replaced the EVGA nvidia geforce 9600 512 with two PowerColor AX4870 512 MD5 with ATI HD 4870 GPUs running in crossfire mode. [end edit]

[edit again] Replaced primary system drive with a G.Skill Falcon 128 Gig Solid State Drive [end edit again]

VISTA
MyWEI.jpg

Windows 7
Windows7WEI.png

Basically the same setup but way worse score on Windows 7...:(

I don't know WTF you need to get a perfect CPU score on this thing Cuz apparently a 955 OC'd to over 3.7 isn't good enough.. :(

Basically the same setup but way worse score on Windows 7...:(

I don't know WTF you need to get a perfect CPU score on this thing Cuz apparently a 955 OC'd to over 3.7 isn't good enough.. :(

I wonder what the heck they use to gauge the "experience"?

I bet it is how much money the things cost and not the performance of it lol

power.jpg

windows 7 : /

next thing i get is a 1TB SSD...lol

and ya, i redid the test thing an nothing changed : /

But thats all at stock, nothing OC'd
wait till i get my 4890 Atomic and sunbeam hsf :)

I bet it is how much money the things cost and not the performance of it lol

It's funny that way. Of course, you reach a point where you begin to burn tons of cash for just a little more performance.

After seeing Pokers results with XP and Win 7, I wonder if Microsoft is trying to tell us that Win 7 will be a better experience? :confused:

It's funny that way. Of course, you reach a point where you begin to burn tons of cash for just a little more performance.

After seeing Pokers results with XP and Win 7, I wonder if Microsoft is trying to tell us that Win 7 will be a better experience? :confused:

Vista is on a 5.9 scale so I got a perfect score on it while windows 7 is on a 7.9 scale which means my rig isn't very good...:(

The sad thing is my HDD is perfect score in Vista but is a 5.9 of 7.9 in Windows 7. So I guess I need a SSD in order to be good for windows 7....:D

Back
Top Bottom