Hi Fi smells at loud volume

I bet it also says something like "500 watts total power" as well. Normally, people don't call their systems Hi-Fi, unless they've spent bundles of cash on it. I know I wouldn't describe my system as Hi-Fi, because I wasn't intending on building a high fidelity system. It's really an objective term.

Actually "324Watts RMS x2 - 648W" lol! Yeah I know this system can't actually be defined as a Hi-Fi, but the term sticks. Also it was very expensive back in the day (well still is now actually) but I guess that's because its Sony.

Actually "324Watts RMS x2 - 648W" lol! Yeah I know this system can't actually be defined as a Hi-Fi, but the term sticks. Also it was very expensive back in the day (well still is now actually) but I guess that's because its Sony.

Yeah, typical advertising. Just so you know, price doesn't always define quality. Bose is expensive, but hardly praised in the audio community. Sony isn't either. Most major Japanese electronic companies don't make very good audio systems. There are a few exceptions here and there, but they're renowned for the marketing you mentioned above.

Is the smell coming from the speakers or the system?

Yeah, oh well, they are perfect for my needs, extremely loud and plently of bass. I had them at full volume the other day and the floor upstairs was vibrating like crazy along with all the cups and dishes in the kitchen, so I don't think I need something even better.

Is the smell coming from the speakers or the system?

The speakers, uusally the right hand one when on for a long time @ high volume.

Yeah, oh well, they are perfect for my needs, extremely loud and plently of bass. I had them at full volume the other day and the floor upstairs was vibrating like crazy along with all the cups and dishes in the kitchen, so I don't think I need something even better.

That's all that matters. Just don't turn it up so loud, or you'll end up with fried speakers.

That's all that matters. Just don't turn it up so loud, or you'll end up with fried speakers.

Yeah I was just more worried about when they are at a party next week, I don't want them smoking or something.

Good luck with that. I have a Sony 2.1 speaker system for my computer, and it performs quite decently in that role, so I'm not knocking your speakers or your brand. It's just that they're not considered the high end audio system you were describing earlier.

My speakers always smell when I crank up the music and have yet to fry. Maybe it's not so bad?

Are you using the maximum volume range on your receiver?

No, I find that my subs have a maximum limit (it's a crap system but it works for me) so I don't crank it right up to the max on the receiver otherwise the mid rang speakers over power the bass.

Back
Top Bottom