Connect iPod to Hi Fi?

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I connected my iPod using a 3.5 - RCA converter cable, through the headphone socket, but the sound was nowhere near as good as a cd, it was really quiet, sound was turned up on the iPod. So now I have ordered a cable which gets the audio from the charger/dock slot, will that make a difference? Thanks.

It's the same thing as getting a dock. It bypasses the headphone socket and goes directly to the iPod's DAC. As for noticeable differences in loudness, the volume control on the iPod won't affect output to the receiver. It'll be a constant volume.

So it will do the job then, thanks. I do want this for at home but I'm also bringing my Hi Fi to a party soon and I don't want it sounding quiet/rubbish when connected to ipods.

Your Hi-Fi? Remember, this won't necessarily make the material louder. It'll just be a constant volume.

Yeah, its just that when using the headphone connection, it sounded like the speakers were on about 1/3 volume when actually at full.

That's probably because you enabled Sound Check on both iTunes and your iPod, which keeps the volume at a stable level. This could mean increasing or decreasing the volume of your tracks. Google it for more information.

It arrived and it is a bit louder, but not great quality and not as good as a CD. Well it only set me back £3 so now I'm going to try an "i-Fi" its a dock that charges the iPod and allows you to connect to a Hi-Fi/Speaker System.

Back
Top Bottom