car upgrade =D

esa193

Fully Optimized
ok so im getting my new car in a few months (2007 Toyota Camry)
its not brand new but it just basicly sit in my garage and soon it will be mine
any way i want to upgrade the whole stereo system
basicly i have every thing stock and its pretty weak right night....
and since i dont no much about car stereos i was hoping someone could educate me on what stuff should cost, some good brands and hopefully point me in the right direction

I'm assuming you just got your license. And that means that you are 16, right?

Wait a year until you are actually a good driver before you upgrade the sound system.

17 in ny
and id still like to no being that its my car and i can do what i want with it....

so i guess no ones ganna help me =[
seriously tho
any one no any thing?

The best thing to do would be to hit up you local car stereo installers and ask lots of questions. They wold be able to hook you up with the right components according to your needs. If you ask around a few different shops, you can get a good idea of the costs and products involved.

It really depends on what you are looking to upgrade. Radio's have different better brands than speakers. Different levels of speakers (Low, Mid, and High frequency) have different manufacturers that excel.

Are you just looking to get more sound out of the stock speakers or are you looking to have a gorilla in your trunk?

i just want a decent sound system thats not crazy expensive but sounds really good

well the first thing you should do is get a new radio. go to best buy and check em out. If your just trying to get something that sounds good just about any of them there will do and the best thing is you can test em out there to and see which ones you like.

Most of the time that is really all you need in the newer cars to make it sound 100% better because the stock radios dont have as much watts going to the speakers in there.

I really haven't seen too many newer cars that don't have really good sound in them already though

I'm assuming you just got your license. And that means that you are 16, right?

Wait a year until you are actually a good driver before you upgrade the sound system.
Did he ask for your opinion? I'm kinda sick of this mentality around here where everyone forces their views onto people when he really didn't want to hear about that. If he was asking if he should upgrade his stereo, sure, that's fine.

Anyway, back to the topic. How much do you want to spend? That really defines what you can/can't do with it.

**Also you can look at this:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/autoinfo/autoinfo.asp?lp=/app/Car/MyCar.aspx

Back
Top Bottom