Missing Baby Found in Sandwich, Father Arrested

Thelis

Golden Master
BOSTON -- A South Yarmouth man is under arrest after he allegedly attacked his girlfriend and took off with the couple's 11-month-old daughter Tuesday night.

Police said John J. Fielding, 38, showed up drunk at Melinda Saari's house about 6:40 p.m., then allegedly assaulted her and took off with the baby, saying Saari would never see the child again.

Fielding was arrested after a 4-hour-search when he called police to say he had seen himself on television and that he and the baby, Kiah, were at a house in Sandwich.

"I'm glad she's home. She's OK," his girlfriend Melinda Saari said at the police station after the ordeal as she held her crying toddler to her chest.

"I just want him to get the help he needs and I just don't want her to be unsafe at all, anymore," Saari said.

When officers went to pick up Fielding, they said things got ugly.

"He immediately became belligerent, he went to some threatening stances, clenched his fists ... and he started toward me. He was warned numerous times to calm down ... he failed to do so. Hit him with some pepper spray to his face," Sandwich police officer Rodney Malcolmson said.

The officer said he was just glad the little girl was safe.

"Happy I was able to help the mother and the child. It's a beautiful little girl. She shouldn't have had to go through something like this," he said.

Police said Fielding will be charged with domestic assault and battery, violating a restraining order and child endangerment, which is a felony.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/19642346/detail.html

I thought for a minute, you meant an actual sandwich, i.e, what you eat. Not the place

Well it's such a simple story.. I mean.. Dad gets mad, takes baby, sees he is in trouble, returns baby. end of story..

Yea, basically. I mean he had the common sense to at least turn the baby into the authorities so he would't harm it, I think he just needs some serious psychological help.

Back
Top Bottom