Building a computer

drumrave

Beta member
and I cannot get a video output to my monitor. I have an Asus M4A78T-E mother board, AMD X4 Phenom II processor, 500 GB of HDD 8 GB of DDR3 Ram and everything is hooked up. I sent the mother board back, got a new one and had the same issue, so I bought a new processor and put the new processor in the mother board and still no video out put. I have tried through the DVI and VGA.

Can any one help? Maybe something to check or any tips on maybe something I didn't connect? Is it possible this mother board is bad also?

EDIT: Also the power supply is 650W so more than enough for what I have.

Are you using the on-board graphics or an add-in graphics card? Does the system beep at all when you turn it on? Make sure to check for any shorts such as a misplaced standoff under the motherboard.

I don't hear any beeps at all when I turn it on and I am using the onboard graphics though I have an Nvidia 8800 GTS graphics card, but I thought that you had to first disable the onboard graphics in bios before installing the graphics card

Yes, depending on the motherboard, you may need to disable the onboard graphics chip to use a graphics card. Have you double checked all wires, cable, and power connections?

I double checked and had someone else check. All the lights come on and all the fans come on.

I'm going to triple check

Back
Top Bottom