Need help with Hardware(RAM)

The[J]oker

Baseband Member
Hey guys.
Well last night I purchased a DDR2 800mhz 2GB Kingston RAM and tried to add it with my old Gskill DDR2 CL-5-5-5-15 RAM. I took out the Gskill and put the Kingston in that slot. They worked perfectly the whole night. This morning I turned on the computer and it said only 2 GB of RAM was on. The kingston works fine on itself and so does the Gskill. Although when I try to put them together, the computer would boot up then go into a Blue screen after about 3 mins. It always comes up. I have a Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32x Motherboard which has 4 DIMM slots. I tried putting the Gskill in all of the slots and this happened-
First slot - (Above)
Second Slot - Always has the Kingston
Third slot - Would stay just on the boot screen.
Fourth slot - Always restarts.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would suggest placing the memory in DIMM1 + DIMM2, then clearing the CMOS. The BIOS may be getting "confused" with both sticks in at the same time.

You'll find the locattion of the CMOS jumper and how to clear it on page 15 (2-3) of the manual.

Odd... Ones I use having 4 slots start with dimm0 being closest to the cpu and going out to the edge of the board. Well learn something new every day.

Thanks champ! So far it's working fine.

Usually it's dimm0 but it differs on motherboards.

Back
Top Bottom