Electric Motor

Juice1

Fully Optimized
Who can help me out. If an electric motor shorts out, it does not spin, it just shorts out and blows a fuse when you switch it on,

Would the problem be that of a bad rectifier? Or could it be a bad switch.

Rep to whoever gets it first.

Ok could you elaborate? Are you sure it's the motor that is shorting?
No crossed wires, fuse is hooked up correctly?

Yeah theres no crossed wires, i tried process of elim. with removing certian wires and everything, so im pretty sure its gotta be the switch or the rectifier.

Edit im happy as ive tracted down both parts which i may need, all i need to do is figure out which one i actually need because id like not to waste my time and money (well moneys not the issue more the time and headache)

So all i gotta do is get an idea from one of you guys

Yeah theres no crossed wires, i tried process of elim. with removing certian wires and everything, so im pretty sure its gotta be the switch or the rectifier.

Edit im happy as ive tracted down both parts which i may need, all i need to do is figure out which one i actually need because id like not to waste my time and money (well moneys not the issue more the time and headache)

So all i gotta do is get an idea from one of you guys

Couldn't you make a makeshift switch or just connect the wires?
I mean that would leave the rectifier to be the problem then.

@serverus do you even know what a rectifier is?
What it can be used for?

A rectifier is an electrical device that converts alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC), a process known as rectification. Rectifiers have many uses including as components of power supplies and as detectors of radio signals. Rectifiers may be made of solid state diodes, vacuum tube diodes, mercury arc valves, and other components.

Nice wiki snape lol

Im not sure how to make a switch for this thing its on a very... elaborate wiring system which i cant find a diagram for.

Its got like 2 black wires a white and a red wire and pink and another black its very confusing and i cant figure it out. But would a bad rectifier cause a short like that?

If it was a bad switch it wouldnt work at all right?

Nice wiki snape lol

Im not sure how to make a switch for this thing its on a very... elaborate wiring system which i cant find a diagram for.

Its got like 2 black wires a white and a red wire and pink and another black its very confusing and i cant figure it out. But would a bad rectifier cause a short like that?

If it was a bad switch it wouldnt work at all right?
Well it depends on the set up. If the fuse is blown it is obviously getting to much power. Usually a short. Is this set up something you made?

If it was the switch.. it depends.. Depending on how the switch is working it sounds like you have mutliple grounds maybe a 5v and 12v. Probably some accessories.
Does the switch sounds normal to you? (making sure nothing inside is broken).
Did you take it apart? Did you set it back up correctly?

Trial and error... Fun stuff.

Well anyway, vampist

If it was a bad switch wouldnt it just not work at all, no short, no spin, nothing.

And a bad rectifier would cause it to short. Is this correct?

If its correct i need a rectifier.

Oh I didnt see your edit. Its an electric lawn mower for the record, i didnt make it. Switch sounds fine, looks new. The rectifier doesnt look or smell burnt out or anything, but its quite dirty and the plastic on the wires that connect to the rectifier are a little melted. So id assume the rectifier might have burnt out or over heated at some point.

Oh I didnt see your edit. Its an electric lawn mower for the record, i didnt make it. Switch sounds fine, looks new. The rectifier doesnt look or smell burnt out or anything, but its quite dirty and the plastic on the wires that connect to the rectifier are a little melted. So id assume the rectifier might have burnt out or over heated at some point.

Burnt wires to/from the rectifier? I say you have found the problem.

Back
Top Bottom