Didtheyreadit.com

No chance of that.
I have had critisicm for the second time on another forum (motoring) when I mentioned the product and would like more information to try and fight my corner.
I only asked after reading about their affiliate program. Considering the amount of spam these sites get, you can understand why some are leary of your post.

Some people seem to take a dim view of the product, but I can't see why really?

This about sums up why most have a poor view of that service:

Users of the Did They Read It (”DTRI”) service run their email to you through the DTRI server, where a web bug is embedded in the email. When you open the email to read it, the web bug reports back to DTRI that you have opened the email, and where, geographically, the IP address you are using is located. The DTRI server then reports this information back to the person who sent you the email. Now that person knows that you opened their email, and knows the location of the IP address you were using when you opened it.

But wait, that's not all!

If you forward that email on to someone, the DTRI server will tell the sender about that, too, reporting to where you sent the bugged email, when it was opened, and their location as well. Not only is the sender invading your privacy, but they are setting you up to unwittingly cause someone else's privacy to be invaded as well!

Some feel that is to much of an invasion of their privacy.

I suggest the mods treat this tread as spam and remove it before some one types in that link and gets the shit kicked out of their system.

I've been to the site a few times doing some research. It's perfectly safe.

If people have any sense they let their antivirus scan the mail before they open it. Sounds to me that this is a mail service that imbeds a read receipt in the form of a trojan or worse.

I suggest the mods treat this tread as spam and remove it before some one types in that link and gets the shit kicked out of their system.

I had a look at their site and there seems to be nothing particularly suspicious about it, there are no pop-ups or anything and I haven't noticed any downloads in the background. If I had a Windows box lying around, I'd give it a try, but I'm not 'fortunate' enough to have that luxury :p

I only asked after reading about their affiliate program. Considering the amount of spam these sites get, you can understand why some are leary of your post.

This about sums up why most have a poor view of that service:

Some feel that is to much of an invasion of their privacy.

I've been to the site a few times doing some research. It's perfectly safe.

Many Thanks.

I had a look at their site and there seems to be nothing particularly suspicious about it, there are no pop-ups or anything and I haven't noticed any downloads in the background. If I had a Windows box lying around, I'd give it a try, but I'm not 'fortunate' enough to have that luxury :p

Many Thanks.

As you may have guessed, I'm not that computer techy (although I did try to write my own access dbase once (got as far as the input mask for post/zip codes and succumbed to having the job done professionally.)

Every time I have dabbled with outlook, I get some message saying something like "Outlook is not your default.... You do not have permission.."

Years ago, I used to have AOL (awful) then switched to Yahoo (not at all bad). I rarely check my AOL mail, but last week did so to find an important mail from my best customer who was given the Yahoo address (and has used it ever since) but some how selected my AOL address from his list..:rolleyes:

So I saw windows live and that it would collect mail from AOL and Yahoo, YAY!
Since installing the windows live, I have had problems.. If I go to my yahoo account all my messages show up as read - non marked in bold. Ah well...

Pfft. You could just embed an "image" in the email - but the "image" is just a PHP script, which when accessed save the IP address, time and data.

Yea, that's a perk of having Windows live collect your mail from Yahoo. Everything is considered as read if you log into the Yahoo client.

I want to get rid of windows live because of this problem.

You can clearly see how to "Add an account" but I can't find out how to disconnect and account. :rolleyes:

Is there such a facility on windows live?

Many Thanks.

You should look into you Yahoo account to see if you can stop it from there too. One last resort is to uninstall the Windows Live Mail client.

Back
Top Bottom