Car Thread!

Brand new, I paid just under 30K. Handling is amazing, every time I push it in a corner I always come out of the corner thinking I could have taken it twice as fast. Very comfortable. It's got a 5 speed manual transmission.

Nice...not a bad price for brand new. Yeah, BMWs have incredible handling. Not only that, but the steering feel is phenomenal. It makes you feel like you're in control rather than the power steering doing all the work for you. Heh, lucky you got the 5-speed gearbox. My mom's has the automatic unfortunately, but steptronic is pretty fun to play with.

Japanese cars still use power steering. It's a lot lighter than power assisted steering. Of course, I'm sure the traction AWD provides is nice. Still, I prefer to have all the power go to the rear wheels with the front unburdened by anything so it can do it's job.

Japanese cars still use power steering. It's a lot lighter than power assisted steering. Of course, I'm sure the traction AWD provides is nice. Still, I prefer to have all the power go to the rear wheels with the front unburdened by anything so it can do it's job.

funny cause that 325i puts out the same 1/4 mile as my subaru. If you have never driven a Subaru i suggest not judging it by how other jap cars drive. Dont get me wrong BMW is a very nice manufacturer but handling wise subaru is a lot better. I believe Subaru has won more rally championships than any other manufacturer because of its advanced AWD system ? especially with its symmetrical awd system which my subaru has.

I see your a BMW whore so im guessing ur a fanboy, im not a fanboy of either companys because im into tuners. For under 30k i can get a nice Evo 9 and smoke that bmw no problem but its personal preference. Yes i would rather get an Evo than an STi, i believe the STi is higher quality but the Evo is more tuneable i believe and its personal preference once again.

Though im still going to tell you subaru is much more advanced in the handling stage than bmw. I bet i can take a turn 10-20mph faster than what that 325i with RW drive can, especially on wet roads.

I pull the e-brake on my subaru on a wet road going 20-30 and it just does not want to slide at all. Ive driven a 2001 subaru outback and it does slide a little but not my 2007 outback with symmetrical awd.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to assume or you'll make yourself look like an ass. Just because I personally prefer RWD over AWD does not make me a fanboy in any way nor does it mean I'm bashing on Subarus.

That's all I have to say because anything else I say to you would just be wasted words.

Subaru has improved a great deal over the last few years. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anyone. I'm not familiar with their handling, so I couldn't say one way or the other. The 325i handles better than any other car I have driven though. I was getting off the freeway once at the base of a long hill and didn't realize until the last minute that the end of the off ramp had a very sharp turn. The tires squealed a little, the car shifted over about 12 inches, the dynamic stability control light flashed and did it's thing, but the car stayed pointed exactly as I steered it. No under steer, no over steer, it felt totally in control. I didn't intend to do that, and never plan to do it again, but it sure amazed me. The primary reason that I bought the BMW was comfort. The car isn't big, but I really like the creature comforts it has.

I remember years ago, working for the Youth conservation corp. We drove a monster Chevy suburban about 2 hours each day on some very muddy and windy roads. 4WD and a winch was a must. Several times one of those little Subaru trucks with the seats in the bed and handles to hang on, would blast past us like we were standing still! That always impressed me.

I see your a BMW whore so im guessing ur a fanboy...

I know you weren't referring to me, but I still would have to plead guilty! :) Otherwise, how can I justify spilling so many sheckles on a car?

Thanks!

Those little subarus go through a lot for being such small cars with no live axles. We have a fairly steep gravel drive way at my house, and if we get like 4" of snow, my truck(2wd) and my moms mini van can't make it up. We get 14" and the outback still goes up. My dad got it stuck only once so far(it's an 07) and that was when he pulled into his job site, and there was a fairly large snow bank that he just tried plowing through... It bottomed out on that, but luckily he had a shovel, haha.

In other news, I scored a set of E7 heads for my build free, at least I still need to pick them up, but they were offered free. My current heads are off a standard 302, the E7 are off a 302 HO from a stang. About 20-30 more hp, and with a little porting in the exhaust alone I can get like 20 more hp out of them I hear. Just need some forged pistons and the engine will be strong enough for a 100 shot hopefully. Maybe more even.

Subaru has improved a great deal over the last few years. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anyone. I'm not familiar with their handling, so I couldn't say one way or the other. The 325i handles better than any other car I have driven though. I was getting off the freeway once at the base of a long hill and didn't realize until the last minute that the end of the off ramp had a very sharp turn. The tires squealed a little, the car shifted over about 12 inches, the dynamic stability control light flashed and did it's thing, but the car stayed pointed exactly as I steered it. No under steer, no over steer, it felt totally in control. I didn't intend to do that, and never plan to do it again, but it sure amazed me. The primary reason that I bought the BMW was comfort. The car isn't big, but I really like the creature comforts it has.

I remember years ago, working for the Youth conservation corp. We drove a monster Chevy suburban about 2 hours each day on some very muddy and windy roads. 4WD and a winch was a must. Several times one of those little Subaru trucks with the seats in the bed and handles to hang on, would blast past us like we were standing still! That always impressed me.

I know you weren't referring to me, but I still would have to plead guilty! :) Otherwise, how can I justify spilling so many sheckles on a car?

Thanks!

lol i was referring to alvino cause i saw it in his rank thing so i dont see how i cant assume that hes a fanboy with that in his rank lol. Though BMW is very nice i know that but handling wise i will give it to subaru.

Those little subarus go through a lot for being such small cars with no live axles. We have a fairly steep gravel drive way at my house, and if we get like 4" of snow, my truck(2wd) and my moms mini van can't make it up. We get 14" and the outback still goes up. My dad got it stuck only once so far(it's an 07) and that was when he pulled into his job site, and there was a fairly large snow bank that he just tried plowing through... It bottomed out on that, but luckily he had a shovel, haha.

In other news, I scored a set of E7 heads for my build free, at least I still need to pick them up, but they were offered free. My current heads are off a standard 302, the E7 are off a 302 HO from a stang. About 20-30 more hp, and with a little porting in the exhaust alone I can get like 20 more hp out of them I hear. Just need some forged pistons and the engine will be strong enough for a 100 shot hopefully. Maybe more even.

Nice man i got the 07 outback aswell, is it the basic 2.5 or ?

Wow, I hadn't even noticed until just now! Howd he do dat?

A select few members get the ability to change their rank to whatever they want.

lol i was referring to alvino cause i saw it in his rank thing so i dont see how i cant assume that hes a fanboy with that in his rank lol. Though BMW is very nice i know that but handling wise i will give it to subaru.

Yeah, I drive a BMW and I love BMW's, but you obviously have no idea what the difference between an enthusiast and fanboy is do you?

I'm a car enthusiast, which means I'm actually open-minded about other cars, even if I'm a BMW enthusiast as well.

I'm not going to even go into detail about who would beat who handling wise because there are so many factors and details that would determine that and it's obvious you don't even know what you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom