Didtheyreadit.com

Paulthebruce

Solid State Member
Hi Guys, Newbie here.

I was hoping for some information with regards to the respectability of the didtheyreadit.com software.

I have used this software for a number of years as confirmation that a recipient has recieved and opened important emails such as quotations, invoices, purchase orders etc.

However, some people I speak to seem to think that the product is unethical and a spying tool.

The last thing I intended to do was spy on people. I just wanted confirmation of delivery of mail.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Never heard of it myself.

If you have been using the "software for a number of years", why bother asking about it now?

I have used the software for years with great results.

If I send an invoice and can see that the mail has been read and then the customer is slow in paying and I ask them why and they say they have not had the invoice, I have an advantage in knowing that they are being dishonest and can therefore act accordingly by reducing their credit limit or supplies etc.

Well, there ya go. I hope it continues to supply you with the needed service you are so far enjoying.

Some people say that the software is dodgy and that they would not deal with those who use it.

Any views on this?

Nope. Like I said, I have never heard of nor used the software.

Hmm. . .

“Did They Read It” Service Tells Senders Whether, When, and WHERE You Read Their Email

didtheyreadit.com?...Idon'tlikeit.com
Look, if you sent me a mail and it shows up in your sent items, then I got it. No need to check, no need to find out when I looked at it. I really feel like my mail viewing habits are my personal business. The article goes on to say that job seekers could use it to find out if their resume was reviewed (frankly the amount of time spent viewing your resume in an e-mail says little to nothing about your chances of being considered for a position). Do you think we just delete all the resumes we get? Is this company just marketing paranoia?

Looks dodgy to me and a bit expensive at $100 a year. Please tell me you're not an affiliate and just trying to make a sale. . .

Hmm. . .

“Did They Read It” Service Tells Senders Whether, When, and WHERE You Read Their Email

Looks dodgy to me and a bit expensive at $100 a year. Please tell me you're not an affiliate and just trying to make a sale. . .

No chance of that.
I have had critisicm for the second time on another forum (motoring) when I mentioned the product and would like more information to try and fight my corner.

Some people seem to take a dim view of the product, but I can't see why really?

Hmm. . .

Huh. I have to say, if I found that someone was using that on emails they sent to me, they would quickly find themselves blacklisted. That's totally invasive! :(

Edit: Paulthebruce, a more polite way of getting confirmation of emails being delivered is to ask for a read receipt. Whilst someone can decline to give one, it's a far better way of trying to keep track of these things.

If people have any sense they let their antivirus scan the mail before they open it. Sounds to me that this is a mail service that imbeds a read receipt in the form of a trojan or worse.

I suggest the mods treat this tread as spam and remove it before some one types in that link and gets the shit kicked out of their system.

Back
Top Bottom