Compatability issues

Dieter

Baseband Member
Would having a MoBo that uses ATI chip sets with a Nvidia graphics card cause problems? I've been trying to fix my BSOD problem ever since I got my computer and have found nothing to even sorta fix it... I only BSOD in Video Games.

No, it would not.

What drivers are you using? And what games are you getting BSODs in?

Have you checked your temperatures? Video games stress both the CPU and video card and can cause crashes due to overheating.

im using the latest drivers for windows 7, and windows vista 32bit (dual boot). my temps seem to be fine, its not like it has much time for it to overheat anyways, its the smae time everytime. Like 1 minute max before it crashes. I play LOTRO, WAR online, SWG, RA3, all crash.

Two things popped into my little brain. . .

1. Have you ran a test on the memory? Give this a go: Memtest86+

2. What power supply do you have and what are it's voltage/amp outputs? You should have at least 400W w/ 26A @12V.

I would suggest downclocking the card (below stock speeds) and see if you continue to get crashes. If you don't, then you need to return it as it is unstable at stock.

I have ran numerous memtests, all came back fine, my power is fine. I'll try down clocking.

Back
Top Bottom