New Computer

dorfman

In Runtime
Hello All,

My old computer is dieing a slow painful death. I do believe its the processor though.. The reason why I say that is It seriously takes say 20-30 minutes (yes minutes) to open up Diablo 2 LOD...Its only a 2006 HP with a AMD 64 x2 processor on it. Also when I go to load it up the clock stop working. I checked for Virus and nothing came up, so to my knowledge that would be the processor is failing.

At any rate: I'm looking to a new computer, I would build one, but uh, my parents are probably going to buy it for me, and it will be one a best buy (oh well but lets not get into that)

My HDD is perfectly fine though, it has XP on it, and it runs perfectly fine. So, if I were to get a new computer probably having VISTA on it, and plug in the other HDD, so I'd have two HDD's..

What would I have to do to make that work?
I want to keep all of the files on the OLD HDD and put it on the new HDD how is that possible? And still keep the OLD HDD for whatever use I can find, or possibly make it an external drive.

Thanks in advance.

Like A ram issue?

Because I just bought new ram, and its running at 3.5 gigs of ram.

You just have to plug the second hard drive in. It's pretty simple. I don't know if you'll be able to use it on your new motherboard. You can format it in Windows and use it as a backup drive. But, you will lose all of your data.

Well, I don't want to remove it, the reason why I want to keep it, is to take my old files off it, such as music, some saved games, and docs that I have...

It should work on the new computer...Its sata...

Really, want I want to do, is just plug it in to my new computer, and take the old files off it, and then use it as a back up. I just didn't know if this was possible because it has a OS on it.

Back
Top Bottom