I want to...

LeecherX

Beta member
Say hello to all of you first!

And I was wondering if I could get help on two problems I have with my drastically slow PC.
1) I want to update my computer hardware to make it faster.
I have a Windows XP SP3
Its a Hewlett-Packard Pavilion Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.70GHz 2.69GHz, 248 MB of RAM(I NEED more RAM)
My hard drive is 60 GB... I also need a bigger HD. >__<
2)I know I am going to need to shell out money and I was wondering if its better to just get a new PC(which I don't want to really) or if it will be better to upgrade this one?

Thanks for your help! It is much appreciated and once again Hello to all!
:)

RAM is fairly inexpensive and so are hard drivers. You can get 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive for about $100. Are you a gamer?

I'd personally upgrade to a new system. You can get BOTH for $100. What is your budget for a new system and what size monitor do you play on?

RAM is fairly inexpensive and so are hard drivers. You can get 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive for about $100. Are you a gamer?

Being an older system, it's likely using DDR RAM which is expensive as hell. It's a real tossup if its worth it to upgrade that computer at all, it's already quite the dinosaur, especially if you are playing modern games on it.

I was going to recommend a 2GB kit. The OP is most likely still using XP and 2GB is more than enough.

I'd personally upgrade to a new system. You can get BOTH for $100. What is your budget for a new system and what size monitor do you play on?
As of now I have no money, I have no job. The monitor is fairly small... 1024x768(Or so I think.)
And both for $100 doesn't seem bad as I am getting a job soon most likely and I will have around, or at least, $1000 in 2 months. Not much but better than nothing.

Being an older system, it's likely using DDR RAM which is expensive as hell. It's a real tossup if its worth it to upgrade that computer at all, it's already quite the dinosaur, especially if you are playing modern games on it.

How would I be able to check if its using DDR RAM? Isn't there only two kinds DDR and DDR2?
And I find that it is worth upgrading as I can install any(as long as this dinosaur has the required specs. :p) cracked programs on it without any trouble at all. My neighbor has the same brand computer, just newer and I can't install any cracked programs on it for some reason. Aside from that I've become really attached to it. .___.

I was going to recommend a 2GB kit. The OP is most likely still using XP and 2GB is more than enough.
Yes, I am still using XP. 2GB sounds more than nice though! :D

From what you say, it sounds like you computer is pretty old.
Oh! It is old! 2002 to be exact...

Sorry for the double post!(Ignore that I thought it would post a new... post)
But I have come to a conclusion that it seems better to just get a whole new computer.
What would be a overall good computer to get?
(I am a bit computer literate but... not so good when it comes down to the hardware, mostly software.)
Thanks for your help! :]

Back
Top Bottom