How old is everyone.

Heck I'm happy to be a full fledged member! and I'm close to 4 times 14 years old.

[In a high pitched voice]

"Too old for the training, he is! Yes, too old!"

(I just noticed, I'm a member now. Upgraded from a Junior member. )

Heck I'm happy to be a full fledged member! and I'm close to 4 times 14 years old.

[In a high pitched voice]

"Too old for the training, he is! Yes, too old!"

(I just noticed, I'm a member now. Upgraded from a Junior member. )

Good for you. ;) Now the hardest years of your life begin.

I build the networks for the hotel properties. Each property is an independent network that can be peeked in on by the home office. I plan sometime down the road to tie all of them together so they can host each others database backups. Multiple off site redundant backups are the safest way to go. It can be done with cheap little server boxes and a handful of static IP addresses.
I also design the camera systems that go in at the properties. They have internet accessible DVR's so no matter where you are, if you have access to the internet, you can watch them.
And I admin them both as well. I'm right now watching the cameras that are in North Carolina and I'm in Louisiana.

you cleverly made that sound a lot more exciting than i'll bet it actually is!

A 14 year old moderator? AMAZING!!!
we had a 12 year old mod before.

you cleverly made that sound a lot more exciting than i'll bet it actually is!

Yup! Pulling cables in the 90 plus heat along with skeeters so big you could toss a saddle on them and go for a ride. But when I look at no rent or utilites, and that paycheck, it's worth it to dress up the job a little.
Remember I do write SciFi and Fantasy stories so I have a flair for the dramatic sometimes. Which reminds me, I need to get cracking on my GitS story. I kinda left everybody hanging...

Who was that?

steven 12 (previously steven 11), who then became webmonkey.

in fact he might have been a mod when he was 11,
(the number at the end of his name was his age, hence he changes from steven11 to steven 12 when he turned 12).

admittedly he was only a mod of one section, not the whole forum like most mods are. but he was still the youngest mod that we've ever had.

Back
Top Bottom