will I notice a jump from 5400rpm to 7200rpm?

I don't think most new V6's make 520 HP...

7200 RPM drives usually stay pretty cool, but they will produce more heat from the added friction. I could imagine it running marginally hotter in a laptop than in a ventilated case.

I don't think most new V6's make 520 HP...

7200 RPM drives usually stay pretty cool, but they will produce more heat from the added friction. I could imagine it running marginally hotter in a laptop than in a ventilated case.

I didn't know it made 520HP!:eek: ok well it makes the same as a new super charged V8! lol

so you don't think that I will do any damage to the other components of the computer by going with the faster HD???

worst thing that happens: it fries, and I get a whole new laptop!

I'd be worrying about the hard drive cooking itself from the extra heat and no ventilation, but there are laptops that come with 7200 RPM drives out there.

I'd be worrying about the hard drive cooking itself from the extra heat and no ventilation, but there are laptops that come with 7200 RPM drives out there.

Well when I put in a WD 7200 RPM in mine, it wasn't the heat from the hard drive that took down the laptop, but the 2 sticks of RAM.

Even two sticks of RAM shouldn't have had a large effect on temperatures. You'll probably be fine.

That's pretty weird. Unless the RAM runs at unusually high voltage, they don't produce much heat.

My laptop has a 7200 drive in it and it doesn't get hot at all. At least, not when compared to the quadro 520m or the cpu that is in there.

That's pretty weird. Unless the RAM runs at unusually high voltage, they don't produce much heat.

Yeah, I thought so too. But the only part of the laptop that gets hot now is underneath the RAM. Everywhere else is fairly cool.

Back
Top Bottom