New Gaming Desktop

Its OCZ I think.

To my knowledge, OCZ never made a 580 Watt PSU. At least not in the 2 years I've been working with computers.

O I meant that to be a question mark. I am still open to any suggestions.

Open to suggestions? Well the GTX 260 Core 216 and the HD 4870 are almost identically matched and based on current benches, the 4890 is about as fast as the GTX 275 and I think the GTX 280 might outperform it a just a little bit. If you overclock some, you're sure to beat the 4890. Maybe not by more than an average of 10-15 FPS, but you should be able to beat it a little.

Well if it's an OCZ 600 Watt, you'll be fine for sure. :D Do you happen to know if it's the StealthXStream or the GameXStream?

No. Im not really sure. I can't get to it right now to check. Its probably whichever is cheaper. Also Its at least 2 years old if it matters.

allright. I think I have decided to get a 275 for the gfx. I was over budget, so I decided to just recycle an old case I had. I never wanted to pay nearly that much for the gfx, but I guess it is necessary, so I will.

Wow. My cart is starting to look kinda empty. I'm $15 over budget, but that's OK since I am getting a better system.

No. Im not really sure. I can't get to it right now to check. Its probably whichever is cheaper. Also Its at least 2 years old if it matters.

allright. I think I have decided to get a 275 for the gfx. I was over budget, so I decided to just recycle an old case I had. I never wanted to pay nearly that much for the gfx, but I guess it is necessary, so I will.

well if your over budget why not skip out on one of the monitors for now? I mean unless your old case has good airflow. What case do you have that you are going to put it in? With the heat your going to be putting off with a rig like that your going to need a case that has good cooling as well. And if its not a large enough case you might not be able to fit the HSF in it either. You gotta be careful cuz some of them coolers won't even fit in most mid towers so you gotta do some good research or else your going to have to send something back or end up modding....:D:D

well if your over budget why not skip out on one of the monitors for now? I mean unless your old case has good airflow. What case do you have that you are going to put it in? With the heat your going to be putting off with a rig like that your going to need a case that has good cooling as well. And if its not a large enough case you might not be able to fit the HSF in it either. You gotta be careful cuz some of them coolers won't even fit in most mid towers so you gotta do some good research or else your going to have to send something back or end up modding....:D:D

Well, IDK. Its an old mid tower neon case. It has good airflow since I haven't had the left side panel on it for years. I always leave it off so I can get easy access. I will eventuall build an acrylic case.

Back
Top Bottom