What should my next upgrade be?

I'm going for a low noise system...cooling a 9800GTX+ is not easy to do quietly...currently my 4670 is a Sapphire fanless edition...and the 9800GTX+ is out of my price range and pointless when WoW is the only game I play.

Really? I mean my CPU's max OC is 2.8ghz (stock being 2.5) my motherboard isn't made for overclocking, the voltage differences I can make to my CPU, is 3.3%, 5%, and 10%, I can't select individual voltages or go any higher than what comes out to be something like 1.32v (my stock is 1.2v) So I was thinking maybe a better motherboard would present the possibility of overclocking my current CPU better than what I could do now...and also, with a Kuma, it would be nice but I don't know how well I would be able to OC with my crappy motherboard...so I don't know.

i dont understand why people dont like loud pcs, it just makes them sound all the beastier. Should hear mine, sounds like a freaking turbine when all fans are at 100% especially my 295

My rig

4850e
4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Radeon 4670
http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=370

I was thinking a new motherboard or a dual core Kuma...then a 4770 when they become more available...your thoughts?

I would go with a phenom 9600 over a dual 7750. But that's me. Either way, I would get this MB. The 780G will do just a bit better in OCing if that's your plan. If not, then just get a 740G. I'd recommend a Foxconn. They've got great AMD 740/780 boards for a great price.

Back
Top Bottom