How old is everyone.

I'm 26 and I work for a computer support company.

we don't do support for people, but just for companies and organisations, we're like an outsourcing company.

Niceee. You have me curious now. What exactly do you do?

I build the networks for the hotel properties. Each property is an independent network that can be peeked in on by the home office. I plan sometime down the road to tie all of them together so they can host each others database backups. Multiple off site redundant backups are the safest way to go. It can be done with cheap little server boxes and a handful of static IP addresses.
I also design the camera systems that go in at the properties. They have internet accessible DVR's so no matter where you are, if you have access to the internet, you can watch them.
And I admin them both as well. I'm right now watching the cameras that are in North Carolina and I'm in Louisiana.

I build the networks for the hotel properties. Each property is an independent network that can be peeked in on by the home office. I plan sometime down the road to tie all of them together so they can host each others database backups. Multiple off site redundant backups are the safest way to go. It can be done with cheap little server boxes and a handful of static IP addresses.
I also design the camera systems that go in at the properties. They have internet accessible DVR's so no matter where you are, if you have access to the internet, you can watch them.
And I admin them both as well. I'm right now watching the cameras that are in North Carolina and I'm in Louisiana.
Haha that sounds like an awesome job! It sounds to me like System and networking. I am not sure yet but that might be the path I might take in college.. Well.. The rest of it anyway lol.. Although I plan on not ever ending my education completely.

Back
Top Bottom