Computer doesn't complete logon

Yes, but you would need a seperate activation key. So you would have to call microsoft. But Microsoft doesn't do that for XP any more.

Yes, but you would need a seperate activation key. So you would have to call microsoft. But Microsoft doesn't do that for XP any more.

Not if you are installing it back on the same PC the key came with. It'll work just fine.

What do you mean with the key it came with, do actually activate don't you need internet connection or call Microsoft, besides I don't know anyone with an OS disk, not one that would lend it to me anyway. But I will see what I can do.

What do you mean with the key it came with, do actually activate don't you need internet connection or call Microsoft, besides I don't know anyone with an OS disk, not one that would lend it to me anyway. But I will see what I can do.

The key on the sticker that's stuck to the side of the computer can be used to reinstall the same OS as many times as you want for that computer. If you can't burn the windows UBCD and try and fix the virus, and if you can't download an OS or get the disk for the one you have now, yes, it seems like you are SOL. Sorry. If anyone else has any suggestions, you can wait and see, but it seems to be the end of the road unless you can do either of the above. But anyways, if it is indeed a cracked version of windows, you won't be able to reinstall since you don't have a key. In that case, you'll need to buy or wait for a new OS if you can't DL W7.

Back
Top Bottom