Windows 7 instalation is not working.

Try it with one stick of RAM in. In fact, run memtest with the ram. Google it and burn a bootable memtest cd and run it. I used to get 000xxxf errors a long time ago when I had a bad stick. Who knows if it's related but....worth a shot!

This. :D

Should be done in a bit. God I hope it's just a stick of memory that failed.

I think the hardest problem to figure out that I've run across building a new system was bad L2 cache. The darn thing took me about a week to figure out. The OS would install (back a while, win98) about halfway and crash. Different crash every time! What a pain!

Hope you got the problem nailed down! Win 7 is cooool!

And, 63083, even if memtest doesn't pick up anything, still try to install with one stick and see where it gets you.

I didn't get an error code, but when my Win7 installation wasn't working straight from a bootable DVD I ran XP then installed Win7 from there. I had it check for updates and it found one where my DVD drive wasn't compatible but when it downloaded the files and the computer needed to restart the installation booted up fine.

My 2 cents anyway.

So I've run memtest and I'm getting thousands of errors each test. And every time it says error xxxxxxxxx2. Does that mean stick 2 is bad?

Wow. Actually, I'm not sure. I've never found a bad stick of RAM while running memtest. I've always gotten 0 errors. So yes, I'm assuming that it's a bad stick. RMA that crap! You can wait for someone to confirm if you want.

I'm gonna try and install W7 with just stick 1 in. I'll report back. I hope it works. :)

Back
Top Bottom