Got a good deal on an i7

lol i just bought my ram so i dont want to go overboard lol. No i cant do a step up from a 775 board to a 1366 board. Says it in the Evga step up program rule thingy, it SUCKS lol.

well you can still use that ram anyways it will be dual channel not triple channel which im really not too sure of the difference anyways. And that sux you can't step up program but hell you can just use your leftover parts and build a rig with a few lil extras and sell that. Im sure you can sell it for close too if not more than what you pay for the upgrade. Why not just go for it? I know it sux to buy a rig and then dump money in a better one a few months later but the same thing happened to me with my Phenom II 920 when I got a deal on my 955 for only 185 and I couldnt turn it down. The only difference with me and you is that you already have the DDR3 ram which I didnt so I had to buy the RAM mobo and CPU. But think about it when the hell are you going to be able to get an I7 for 160 sooner than a year from now?

ya thats true man well im going to go for it but what do u guys think of that mobo i listed. It supports dual channel and triple which i really like and i dont want asus ?

well it depends on what your looking to spend and the options you want. Im sure that board will do really well but if I am correct you want top of the line everything...:D:D Im not really too good when it comes to x58 boards but I know there is some SICK boards for the I7. The one Rohan got has some SWEET options and is SEXY as hell. Id do some good research if I was you and make sure you get one that really fits you. There is nothing worse than getting something and regretting it later...:D:D:D

well to me this boards looks really good and its supposed to be something like the high as creap end classified only cheaper

UPDATE: I think i might turn the deal off just because i just bought my new 790i ultra and its only been used for like 2 weeks now and i know i wont get what i payed for it and neither for the Q6700. I just dont think the performance gain i will get will be worth $450 thats including shipping for the cpu and mobo. I dont do movie editing and music editing. I am a webdesigner but my q6700 at 3.5 rips through the apps i use already and im sure my gaming performance wont go up by much at all. I just dont know that im going to give this one a long thought

Back
Top Bottom