Is this a good computer??

Cool, it worked. The defaults were a butt ugly case, a 9400GT and no monitor for $909.

Wait, here's another for a few bucks more that should run better: Gamer Paladin F770

Oh, OK. I figured you would put in a better GPU though seeing as somebody posted a build with a gtx260. Although I guess in this case they don't really need that much power from a video card.

Cool, it worked. The defaults were a butt ugly case, a 9400GT and no monitor for $909.

Wait, here's another for a few bucks more that should run better: Gamer Paladin F770

Can't say I'm a fan of the water cooling. I would've went with the xiggy on both of them. And the gpu's aren't the greatest. They are decent systems though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if he wants to build or buy...that'll give us some answers.

:) Thanks guys. You guys are very helpful and I appreciate it. First off. the actual price is $1279. I thought it was a good deal because I added the logitech speakers and 4 n 1 printer:) . I am so not into building a computer. I just don't have the patience. I don't care how easy it is. So for their labor, I would pay a bit extra for this thing. I don't mind the over kill because between myself and my hubby, we might actually want to play more games in the future. It is always good to leave options. I thought about getting the i7. However, guess what? It's about $150 more. I am already paying out of my :eek: !! Well, at least for my budget. I just don't want a cheap thing of a rig that is going to break down in the next 2 years. What do you think?? Do you think this is too much?? Do you think it's just right??:)

HP makes a very nice computer. I'm just not impressed with the video card selection for that computer. The 9500GS is an entry level card at best and isn't really suited for any of today's high powered games. It will do fine with some of the older, less graphics intensive games though.

Check out the links I posted for those rigs from iBUYPOWER. They are not only less expensive, but more powerful than the HP.

Check this out from iBuyPower. If it doesn't seem to work, the setup should be as follows:

iBUYPOWER Vantage Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply

600 Watt -- Power Supply SLI Ready

[New !!] Intel® Core™ i7 920 Processor (4x 2.66GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink

Asus P6T SE Intel X58 Chipset CrossFire Supported w/7.1 Sound, Triple-Channel DDR3, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Triple PCI-E MB

6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1333 Triple Memory Module Corsair Value or Major Brand - Corsair Value or Major Brand

ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB (make sure it's the single card, not x2)

500GB Hdd

[** Special !!! ***] LG 22X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive

3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

iBUYPOWER 2.1 Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System

iBUYPOWER USB Keyboard w/ 18 Internet Hot /Multimedia Keys

iBUYPOWER 1600 dpi High Sensitivity Internet Mouse

Last but not least, leave the monitor unselected. You can get a 19" for $110-120, and a 22" for the price they have their 20" listed for...plus you don't get to see the brand!

The total comes to $1019. Great value for a prebuilt! Plus, it says there's a 5% coupon for stuff over $1000, you'll have to check that out!

Go me!?

Bootleg? Where did you hear that? I have friends who bought pre builts from iBuypower and nothing is bootleg. They have been excellent computers, and for pre-builts, are a great price. I personally only build my own rigs, but if I were to buy a pre built, ibuypower would get my business :)

To the original poster, HP is a good company to buy from, but you seriously could buy a much faster, and powerful machine for less than 1300 bucks. Check the links that Atomic Rooster posted, he knows what he's talking about and the links are a great choice!!!

Back
Top Bottom