Is this a good computer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

queencocobrown

Solid State Member
Hey ya'll!!:p I am about to spend about $1300 on a computer:eek: . Oh yes!! Queen Coco wants the best:cool: . However, this is pretty much what I can afford at this time. The things that are included in this amount are the following:

HP Pavilion Elite d5200t ATX customizable Desktop PC
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q9400 [2.66GHz, 6MB L2, 1333MHz FSB]

Memory 6GB DDR2-800MHz dual channel SDRAM [4 DIMMs]

Hard drive FREE UPGRADE! 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GB

Graphics card 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS [DVI, VGA, HDMI]

Primary optical drive LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive

Networking Integrated 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) Ethernet, No wireless LAN

Front Productivity Ports 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB, 1394, audio

TV & entertainment experience No TV Tuner w/remote control

Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

Speakers Logitech X-540 5.1 stereo speakers

Keyboard and Mouse HP keyboard and HP optical mouse

Productivity software Microsoft(R) Works 9.0

Security software Norton Internet Security(TM) 2009 - 15 month

HP Officejet J4680 All-in-One Printer, Fax, Scanner, Copier

HP 2009m 20-inch Diagonal 16:9 HD Ready Widescreen Monitor

I think that this is a great configuration based on the things I do with my computer. Ya want to know;) ?? Well, I pretty much surf the net, download music and videos, play games occasionally (eg: Pokerstars, lingo, yahoospades, etc.) Maybe in the future, I might play something like warcraft. However, as of now, the previous games I listed is what I usually play. I just want a fast computer that I would not have to replace in years to come. Right now, I am working with a gateway 2002 with 1.2 ghz of speed and 256mb of ram. Don't you think it's time for an upgrade? I do. What do you guys think?:D

Are you willing to build yourself? That build is HIGHLY overpriced. Oh, and if you want the "best", $1300 isn't going to come close to covering it. If you want the "best", be prepared to spend at least $3000 if not more.

Are you willing to build yourself? That build is HIGHLY overpriced. Oh, and if you want the "best", $1300 isn't going to come close to covering it. If you want the "best", be prepared to spend at least $3000 if not more.

This got moved to the normal Hardware/Software section. I'd post up there, 63083. Mods need to close this please so there's no confusion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom