New laptop confusing the hell out of me.

Smartpart

In Runtime
Ok so for graduation my parents gave me a new asus laptop. Yesterday I stripped off things free trials and everything. Then I proceeded to download firefox and use it to download steam and install css. After leaving my laptop unattended while it downloaded css I came back to find a problem. Any website i try to connect to in firefox says "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." and in IE it says it cannot be displayed. If I plug in my hardwire connection everything works fine. But when I go wireless I can't connect to any pages even though it says im connected to my network. I think its related to ipv6 but im not sure. I will post some screenshots if needed when i get off work tonight.

As far responding to what i got in google. Some people were saying try disabling ipv6 through firefox, but i think that wouldnt help. I can try it, but it wouldnt help ie. Also remember it works just fine with the hardwire.

I didn't consciously change any settings from when i was using it wirelessly just fine and downloading steam.

I'm starting to get stuck with this problem. Help please. Thanks for anything.

This happened to me. I was very frustrated with my wireless. I wasgetting auto disconnected from my internet every 5 minutes and crashing in a steam multiplayer game. Finally I had it and I bought a 50 foot Cat7 cable from http://www.firefold.com/
btw, great place for cables. Cheap, affordable, fast delivery.

check your driver for your wireless card. Go into device manager and see if there is a (!) next to the wireless adapter driver. If so you might have accidentally deleted the driver for your wireless card.

I'll add that other laptops at the house still continue to work fine. I will try reinstalling the driver, but I don't think this is the problem because I changed nothing.

Actually, If I remember right, this problem started after windows updated for the first time. Reiterating, I am connected to the network and I can get a good signal and send/recieve from the router. No static ip set. If I try to load an obviously noexistant page like adsfae.com it immediately fails, but if I try to load a legit page like firefox home or google.com it seems to find it, but it just cant bring it up.

EDIT:

Now I'm just getting downright pissed.

So I disconnected from the network and reconnected and it worked. I was like hell yes the connection was bugged or something. It worked for a little bit and then just failed randomly. I have disconnected and reconnected a few times with no more success.

Connected to network

1.jpg

Firefox while trying to load

2.jpg

what the hell is going on. It worked and stopped for no reason. I have all alerts on and I changed nothing.

Back
Top Bottom