Its i7 overclocking time!!

JJCG

In Runtime
Well guys finaly have the new HSF installed and its time for some overclocking so im asking if anyone has read up on any decent "how-to" guides for the i7, I downloaded this guide last night but not too sure on it as he uses a different frequency ram, so if anyone can have a quick scan through it and give me a thumbs up it would be very appreciated.

And again many thanks to the people who recommended parts and helped me put this bad boy together!

Well in the end I did abit of research myself and managed to achieve the overclock of 4GHz and frankly im quite proud of myself heres a screenshot.

If any new i7 users need help with overclocking, I will try my best to help.

Got my i7 to 4ghz too :) Nice work JJCG! You running pretty stable?

Yeah but your running a 965 so its much easier lol.

But no not stable if I run prime95 it will freeze up and crash, going to have to play around with the voltages and look at some guides online but I will do that another time.

But you should push yours to 5GHz especialy with an unlocked multiplier.

Yeah I was thinking about a 5ghz...but I am happy with the current 4ghz speed right now :) Super fast, and great for gaming and my Adobe Master CS4 :)

If your happy then fair enough, but that CPU has alot of potential, and just gotta say these antec 1200 are damn heavy.

Can you also recommend me any guides on overclocking the i7 as I really need to sort thes voltages out.

thanks.

how long did it last on P95 test? or was it stable?

Few seaconds then its crashed, going to have to up the Vcore and IOH voltage and currently trying to find out if I have to change the QPI voltage.

Overclocking the i7 is easy........Getting it stable is a different story.

Back
Top Bottom