Looking to upgrade

50mobber

In Runtime
Im looking to upgrade. My budget is $200-$300. I was thinking about maybe a Q9650 or velociraptor or a new monitor (since the one i have is a older Hp 17in). I cant decided. I was want the most bang for my buck. Oh before i forget i use this computer for watching movies some games, multi-tasking, im gonna start video editing soon, i want an all around computer. So any suggestions??? Thanks in advance

Im looking to upgrade. My budget is $200-$300. I was thinking about maybe a Q9650 or velociraptor or a new monitor (since the one i have is a older Hp 17in). I cant decided. I was want the most bang for my buck. Oh before i forget i use this computer for watching movies some games, multi-tasking, im gonna start video editing soon, i want an all around computer. So any suggestions??? Thanks in advance

Well, for games, video editing, and movies, a new video card will drastically help. I would really suggest anything from a 9800 to a gtx260.

If you're editing, that quad core is really going to be helpful.

Yes. Quad-cores are a wonder for video editing.

Well, for games, video editing, and movies, a new video card will drastically help. I would really suggest anything from a 9800 to a gtx260.

No. He has a 4870 which is far more powerful than a 9800GT and roughly equal to the GTX 260 Core 216.

yea im leaning more toward a quad core as i multi-task alot. I'm not really looking for a video card im satisfied with the one i have now. What about the velociraptor??? Any one have any experience with one of these.

Also if i decided to go with Q9650 how well does it overclock? Or do you guys recommend a different CPU?

They overclock well. I would just go with a Q6600 to save money and overclock that. The G0 stepping overclock extremely well and it would save you a lot of money. You should be fine with your RAID 0 setup. I've seen them in action and they aren't really worth the huge price tag.

Its sounds good. I heard they are easy to overclock. Plus i would be saving money.

How much of a difference would it be from q6600 to q9650? ( how much more headroom to OC does the 9650 have and is it worth the extra 100 bucks)

How much of a difference would it be from my E8400 OC @ 3.8Ghz to an overclocked q6600 @ around 3.2ghz

Its sounds good. I heard they are easy to overclock. Plus i would be saving money.

How much of a difference would it be from q6600 to q9650? ( how much more headroom to OC does the 9650 have and is it worth the extra 100 bucks)

How much of a difference would it be from my E8400 OC @ 3.8Ghz to an overclocked q6600 @ around 3.2ghz

I think the Q9650 has a higher multiplier. The Q6600 should do you fine. They weren't called the best overclocking chips for nothing. You'd see a pretty big difference from a dual core at 3.8ghz to a quad at 3.2, especially in overclocking.

you've convinced me rohan q6600 it is.

Just one last question( this maybe stupid but i don't know) the q6600 is 65nm is that a compatibility problem with my mobo since my current cpu is 45nm, or is it an architectural difference?

you've convinced me rohan q6600 it is.

Just one last question( this maybe stupid but i don't know) the q6600 is 65nm is that a compatibility problem with my mobo since my current cpu is 45nm, or is it an architectural difference?

He's pretty good at that. Bought my last video card from him. :D

And no, there will be no compatibility issues with the Q6600. Just drop it in and go. Just make sure you get a cooler for it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom