Turn-on problem

No I do not .
Was it just a coincidence that it stopped turning on at all after I reinserted the Video Card/RAM or did I mess something up ?

No I do not .
Was it just a coincidence that it stopped turning on after I reinserted the Video Card/RAM or did I mess something up ?

It could be coincidence or not. I say most likely it was just a coincidence though. I have a power supply. PM me.

I opened my case to take a look inside , then I disconnected and reconnected the power cord to the power supply . And it worked , Now everything is turning on but I still have the blank screen .

So Im back to my original problem , Any ideas ?

How... to... tern... on... your computer:
Now... You look at your computer bix and on it there be BIG button... Not not little button but the big button... You have to press the button to make it work... Now, you can use your finger... Or... you can use a pencil... Or you can use a banana... I like to use the pencil because it don't hurt so much... So you press the button... You see the light come on.... Then, you look at the tv part of the computer and something should be happening... And there you go... You turned on your computer! It's just that easy everything is good now... :D:D:D

I'm kidding...

The problem is mostlikely a bad CPU.

I meant to say PSU. Not CPU... Sorry...

But everything is turning on fine , all the fans and lights .
If I don't get anymore suggestions I'll probably try testing it with another PSU . But I really don't want to have to do that .

But everything is turning on fine , all the fans and lights .
If I don't get anymore suggestions I'll probably try testing it with another PSU . But I really don't want to have to do that .

If you have a friend that has one to lend you for an hour to test, that's all you need. If it just up and started doing this, that seems to be the logical conclusion. Or, it could be a dead video card (though I kind of doubt that). If you have onboard gfx, try that. Take your vid card out, reset your BIOS, then start it up and see what happens. If the vid card is bad, it should not be blank screen. (And the same thing; if you have another vid card to test, do it).

EDIT: Btw, you haven't logically tried a different monitor have you? :p

Yeah I've tried another monitor , it didn't work .
I was going to use my brothers power supply to test it out but it isn't compatible with my motherboard . So im kind of stuck right now .

Yeah I've tried another monitor , it didn't work .
I was going to use my brothers power supply to test it out but it isn't compatible with my motherboard . So im kind of stuck right now .

Did you try the above with onboard? Or do you not have onboard gfx?

Back
Top Bottom