Showdown

So I got my new card in the mail. Surprisingly, two Core 216 in SLI work with a stock i7 chip on a 650w power supply. I'm pretty sure I'm hitting the limits of this power supply. Here is what I have with a stock i7. This aren't my official scores. Worship, stop getting so excited, haha. I've stated in every post I'm just putting up scores to see what it's like on stock.

vantage.jpg

I'm not going to count Furmark as a benchmarking tool in this competition. Look at how inconsistent the scores are.

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/furmark_scores.php

Agreed; I've never heard of Furmark before this thread. I've only heard of 3dmark series.

@ Teny; yes, the Q9550 is a much more serious performer and so is the Evga 680i T1/A1, but everything I bought this core for is down the drain. I can't hit 1333 front side bus on a 45nm quad. so I lose that and I don't think I can use all 12mb of my L2 cache, either. However, the 8800GT should slightly outperform the 9600GT. High 8xxx vs low 9xxx.

rohan you will still own worsip's cpu any day in real time apping and most likley gaming. No matter what that cpu bench tool that worship used says. Your cpu owns my cpu and his however in real time my card owns worship and your 216's rohan but if you do oc your cpu your 2 216's will match my 295 if not slightly beat it

rohan you will still own worsip's cpu any day in real time apping and most likley gaming. No matter what that cpu bench tool that worship used says. Your cpu owns my cpu and his however in real time my card owns worship and your 216's rohan but if you do oc your cpu your 2 216's will match my 295 if not slightly beat it

Thanks. I almost beat your 295 score on Vantage. I should get somewhat close to you with a bit of overclocking. I won't be overclocking my CPU until my new power supply comes in. I'm already hitting the limits of my current one and the i7 really takes up a lot of juice when it's overclocked.

Thanks. I almost beat your 295 score on Vantage. I should get somewhat close to you with a bit of overclocking. I won't be overclocking my CPU until my new power supply comes in. I'm already hitting the limits of my current one and the i7 really takes up a lot of juice when it's overclocked.

yea ive actually seen some guy hit 22k with a single 295 on vantage once but i dont remember his specs. He was probably running an oced i7 and oced GPU but ya my cpu is bottlenecking the card by a little bit i guess but u almost got me man

LOL @ you two. You mad because I'm pwning you both? :D
I'm not going to count Furmark as a benchmarking tool in this competition. Look at how inconsistent the scores are.

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/furmark_scores.phpOTE]
Agreed; I've never heard of Furmark before this thread. I've only heard of 3dmark series.
It's a perfectly consitent benchmark. You're just not looking at the details. Those people are benching @ 640x480 for 20 sec. If we all bench at common settings, it's a good benchmark. No whining because you're losing :p

And any Vantage scores posted must be preset scores, that way we know that everyone is running the same settings.
[/rohan you will still own worsip's cpu any day in real time apping and most likley gaming. No matter what that cpu bench tool that worship used says.
Not in single threaded apps. 4.45GHz E3110 > 3.0GHz i7

I used Furmark back then to see if my graphics card were artifacting.

LOL @ you two. You mad because I'm pwning you both? :D
Thats human nature. When people start to lose, they start to complain and find some fault, and when they win, they rub it in their face.
Thats how I am, thats why I dont actually compete for real, and just for fun.

Isnt 3D mark an bad Benchmarker? I get different scores every time I run it, I ran the test 3 times over 1-2 hours, and posted the highest score. With Furmark, I get the same FPS and score, my score is usually about 1-4 difference, as to 3D mark where are 100-200.

Heres my benches, slight OC on stock air cooling. :p

STATS
Prime95Test.jpg

SUPER PI MOD 1.5X
SuperPi3.jpg

Furmark
Furmark6ms3.jpg

3DMARK 06 (looks like I have to update my score)

So... did I win? haha

EDIT - Is it just me or is the numbers kind of hard to read?

you won "best desktop" so far, that's about it...

;)

Back
Top Bottom