video card contest

im ordering my parts for my dads computer REALLY soon... like this week...

once i build that one, ill probably do mine.... so that will be like june 10-20 somewhere in there...

The GTX 260 core 216 are great cards. With a simple overclock, they run right on par with the GTX 280 cards.

I would go with the 4870 1GB because of my board. But if you have an SLI capable board, for sure go with the Core 216. :D

ok... is it simple to OC a video card?

Yes, VERY simple. It's usually a slider bar in a small program.

I would go with the 4870 1GB because of my board. But if you have an SLI capable board, for sure go with the Core 216. :D
It would make more sense to get the best performing card you can afford irregardless of whether you can run in Crossfire or SLI.

im like 80% sure that im just going to stick with the ONE core 216 because of funds, etc.... i mean, honestly, im not trying to make like the worlds best pc here, just something that will run games very well at a budget price

Buying a card that is supported by your board's multi-GPU technology provides a great upgrade path for the future. You can simply drop in another a get a great increase in performance.
The GTX 260 Core 216 and the HD 4870 1GB perform almost exactly the same, so don't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom