Heat question with my CPU.

CPU is AMD 940 II X4 BE at 3.4 w/ 1.4v... I have applied Artic Silver thermal paste to both heatsink and CPU. This chip was installed 2 days ago. it idles at 45-50 degrees with my window closed and 38-43 window open.

Overclocking a quad core cpu thats rated at 125 watts and increasing vcore is generally not a good idea when your using a stock heatsink. IMO 45C idle sounds normal for the settings your using.

Also it takes 300 hours for the thermal paste to actually work, so your temps probably will go down if you keep your comp running for awhile

thanks followed this temps are still the same actually a bit higher and I am running normal clock speeds. 46c idle.

I think I may need to get better fans/air flow

I have 120 mm blowing out and 2 80 mm blowing in (side and front) and I dont have any more room to add any more (at least the what the case allows) is there any modifications that I can do to add more fans?

I am going to pull the 80mm in the front and add a 120.

Big update if any of you have been following my threads most of you will know where I am at.

I purchased a Zalman 110mm HSF, it helped A LOT brought me down to about 36-40c. w/o sidecase. The Sidecase on would make it hotter.

I switched my fans around and that helped me a lot too with idle 33-35c w/ side case on. I feel this is as cool as I am going to get it unless I pick up another 120mm with a CFM of 65 ( I think it was 65) which I have been eying..

Anyways I was wondering if there are any Softwares out there that I can possibily use to control my fan speeds? my 80mm sounds like an airplane, I need to get use to it.

I would HIGHLY suggest a fan controller if you have lots of fans. When I did mine, I picked up a pack of these and this. It also had enough "extra" switches that I wired my standard (molex connector) 80mm fans to the switch so I've got 5v and 12v power ("low" and "hi") and I also wire my front case LEDs so that they can be on "low" (5v) and "high" (12v). Then I used the actual variable knobs to run the 2 120mm's on my Xiggy, as well as the fan for my GPU and the 120mm at the front of my case.

Please note there are WAY better (faster..high CFM) fans out there, but they cost more. These were fine for what I needed them for.

Back
Top Bottom