How much is my computer worth?

pletchera

Beta member
Specs: Windows xp home edition sp3. Intel Pentium 4 2.80ghz 2.79ghz, 756 ram, Nividia GeForce 6200 256 MB. dell dimension 3000, hard drive 150gb

how much do you gusy think it worth? i bought for 300 and dumped alot into it?

Specs: Windows xp home edition sp3. Intel Pentium 4 2.80ghz 2.79ghz, 756 ram, Nividia GeForce 6200 256 MB. dell dimension 3000, hard drive 150gb

how much do you gusy think it worth? i bought for 300 and dumped alot into it?

I would say $150 max.

even with the 250$ extra for memory and graphics i put into it?

Selling price does not depend on how much you put into it, but how much it's worth NOW. I wouldn't pay more than $150 for something like that. Put in a total of 1 or 2 GB of RAM and maybe a GeForce 7000 series card and you might be able to get that machine up to ~$225 at most....IF it has a decent DVD burner.

Thanks "dude". :) I've got to remember to stop giving such high estimates.

6200 256 can be had for under 50 bucks. Lets say it came with 512 ram. 256 drr can be got for around 25 to 30 dollars. If you paid 250 for both items did they kiss you when you bought it cause they sure screwed you.

Well, just remember 63083, to someone who doesn't know the "skinny" on what the "real" value of the components are, it may be worth $150. But being that I run a computer business, you have to figure the actual cost of the components. Just today a guy asked me what I'd give him for a lappy. I told him $12.00. It was an IBM thinkpad with a P4-M 1.2Ghz CPU, 256MB RAM, 20GB HDD, CD-Rom, Wireless G card. Some people might think $12.00 is way to little, but the fact of the matter is, the computer was so old (even had Win2000 on it yet), that it's not practical for resale unless you wanna buy to blow up :D I mean, the thing was old enough that it didn't have a touch pad...it was one of those annoying mouses in the middle of the keyboard. Only 2 USB ports.... He ended up not taking the deal, and I didn't blame him. I told him flat out that the price I was about to offer him was going to seem low because he could get more use out of it than the $12 I was offering him. But, when you find things on the internet selling for $15, I'm not going to offer him $50 just to make him happy, ya know? Haha.

Back
Top Bottom