Turn-on problem

Kaws

Solid State Member
When I try to turn on my computer , the screen stays black on standby (power light is orange) . And its totally unresponsive .

What could be the problem ?
If you need any info let me know so I can post it up .

Could be a few things.
First thing to try would be to take out any cards and reseat them. This means RAM and vid card (if you have a vid card). However, if it just up and started to do this, my guess would be the power supply. That said, when you push the button to turn it on, do any fans spin up? If not, that's pretty indicative of the PSU failing/having failed.

Yes it worked before ,
When I turn it on all the lights on the case light up and all the fans also .

Do you get hard drive activity, like the computer is booting and the monitor isn't working. Or do the fans come on and nothing from the hard drive LED?

It's completely blank .
And there's nothing on the hard drive that would indicate wether there's activity or not .

It's completely blank .
And there's nothing on the hard drive that would indicate wether there's activity or not .

Usually there is an LED on the computer case that blinks as the hard disk is being accessed. That is the one that I was referring to. Sometime you can hear the hard drive being accessed. I'm wondering if your computer isn't starting, or if you video display adapter or monitor have a problem.

Have you tried what dude_56013 suggested?

If the fans are spinning, it sounds like a display problem. Do you have onboard or dedicated graphics?

I have a dedicated video card .
Im going to take it out and the RAM to try and reset them but I don't even know how to do that .

Back
Top Bottom