Showdown

The GPU tests are measured in FPS and loading the GPU with the physics calculations would decrease performance. The CPU tests are meant to measure the performance of the CPU in games and are measured in operations per second. The GPU cannot do the CPU's job and retain it's performance. That is why PhysX drivers have not been validated by Futuremark and are considered against the rules.

But I can see this is not getting through to you so like I said earlier:
This is a very delicate situation. You will argue that you have this feature available to you and that you have the right to use it. I can argue that it's ridiculous that the CPU is doubled when running physics on the GPU should actually bring a decrease in frame rates. But then the CPU tests are not measured in frame rates but in calculations per second.

I will let you use it because you are already losing badly and I feel sorry for you

Now post an extreme preset score.
The score reads:

WorshipMe 2
Rohan 0
Techmaster 0

WTF? I have the worst system out of all three of us.

I don't see you doing anything to change this?

Bring it on!

(I'm overconfident at the moment, now's the time for the killer blow :D)

I want to join, but I will end up getting BSOD, and maybe frying a part of my system.
Maybe I should start one with people that doesnt have these types of parts, and people that arent mad overclockers.
Anybody with my similar specs want to challenge me? haha

heh; Just post benches on what you can do. If I actually had a board worthy of my proc I would be right up there with you guys on SuperPI. Q9550 C1's can easily hit 4Ghz on good air cooling - Which I have. Worship, please do use SuperPI 1.5Xs, though. For whatever reason, the version you used rounded all of your numbers. You're actually probably in the high 9's or lower 10's.

EDIT: Also, don't post benches on different posts, all at once would be much easier to read. Take me for example :p.
EDIT2: @ Rohan - Turn off all your other programs when running SuperPI. It's not a terribly intense program but all of the extra CPU resources can help. I'm not sure how many threads SuperPI can allocate to calculate the digits, but I'm sure it can at least use 4. (which is only half)
EDIT3: @ Teny, because of how bottlenecked my system is, your E7200 runs a higher 3dm06 score than my Q9550 :d

I started to OC my E7200, I went from 3.04Ghz to 3.1Ghz to 3.2Ghz, right when it reached 3.2Ghz, the volts jumped from 1.15 (3.1Ghz) to 1.3xx. I dont think thats good for stock cooling. I guess I will have to get an retention bracket to install my Vendetta 2 for better cooling. I would set the volts manually, but I dont quite get how to do it as I set it to 1.14 with my 3.04Ghz, and I got an error on the first test on Prime95. I guess its that vdroop thing?

So I guess I will be benching on 3.04Ghz, exactly what I have on my sig. I think I can OC my 8800GT more, but I dont really want to risk it.

EDIT - Does these benchmarks have any difference between XP and Vista? (DX9/DX10)

The GPU tests are measured in FPS and loading the GPU with the physics calculations would decrease performance. The CPU tests are meant to measure the performance of the CPU in games and are measured in operations per second. The GPU cannot do the CPU's job and retain it's performance. That is why PhysX drivers have not been validated by Futuremark and are considered against the rules.

But I can see this is not getting through to you so like I said earlier:

The score reads:

WorshipMe 2
Rohan 0
Techmaster 0

WTF? I have the worst system out of all three of us.

I don't see you doing anything to change this?

Bring it on!

(I'm overconfident at the moment, now's the time for the killer blow :D)

well i know rohans cpu will smoke urs even at stock settings in real time daily apping and other and mine probably does to. my 295 will also out perform that x2 in gaming, not all games but mostly all. I also think that roahns 2 core 216's will smoke that x2 aswell, well maybe not smoke smoke it but by a little.

EDIT3: @ Teny, because of how bottlenecked my system is, your E7200 runs a higher 3dm06 score than my Q9550 :d

Isnt your system better than mine though? It seems like the only thing I beat you in is my graphics card. My motherboard is the "Lite" version of the 680i, so it doesnt perform as good as the regular 680i.

Heres my benches, slight OC on stock air cooling. :p

STATS
Prime95Test.jpg

SUPER PI MOD 1.5X
SuperPi3.jpg

Furmark
Furmark6ms3.jpg

3DMARK 06 (looks like I have to update my score)
3Dmark2.jpg

So... did I win? haha

EDIT - Is it just me or is the numbers kind of hard to read?

Guys, I haven't started benchmarking yet. I told you I won't be able to until Thursday. My new card and power supply haven't arrived yet. I've said this in all the tests I've run so far. We also need Tech to wait to be able to use his friend's television. I'll start a new thread in a few days, where only we can post.

Back
Top Bottom