Showdown

I'm not going to trash talk until I get my new card and power supply. It should take me until next Thursday. I know I have an advantage over Worship because of my CPU and SLI setup. With Tech, I have him on the CPU and the low resolution bottleneck. I'm learning how to overclock my i7. From what I've been reading, the i7 chip shines extremely well with a dual card setup.

lol his i7 is still better in real world applications than your cpu, and wait im confused ????

are you telling me to turn my physX off for my cpu score ???? or gpu score ??? cause ill turn it off to do a cpu bench but not to a GPU bench because thats part of my graphics card, comes stock with it so sorry. Thats like asking someone that has a 4GB card to turn off the 2 gb to compete with someone with a 2gb card, this is just an example and i know you cant do that lol, just giving an example.

Actually its nothing like your example. It's more like giving one car premium gas and giving another of the same class regular cheap gas. I don't really know what score PhysX boosts. I'm pretty sure its CPU score because its doing Physics processing which is normally testing the CPU. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

well ill turn it off to do a cpu bench sure, but not a gpu bench because its part of my card, its a feature that your ATi cards dont have. Something brilliant minds at nvidia came up with and im keeping it on for gpu benching. Ill take it off for cpu benching but not gpu if you guys seriously think its unfair when i dont see how it is but of course u guys want to be babys so w.e ill go by your "RULES." I just wont take it off for GPU benching. So please stop crying everyone

Nobody said to take it off for GPU benching. The whole problem with it is that it helps with CPU benching. You had it on with GPU benching and it didnt help ya any...:D:D

oh well i thought u guys meant COMPLETLEY turn it off. Sure ill do a cpu bench with it off tomorrow, score is probably going to suck some major big ones but owell.

Something brilliant minds at nvidia came up with and im keeping it on for gpu benching.

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but actually Nvidia bought PhysX who you used to have to buy a PhysX PCI add-on card from for your computer to be PhysX capable. Someone please correct me if I have the story wrong.

I do, however, believe that it is completely within the *rules* of benchmarking. Benching is head to head competition of the system's full capabilities. If the 295 can amount to something larger because of its on-card PhysX processing ability, then that's just what it is.

EDIT: Enough arguing, on with the benchmarks!

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but actually Nvidia bought PhysX who you used to have to buy a PhysX PCI add-on card from for your computer to be PhysX capable. Someone please correct me if I have the story wrong.

I do, however, believe that it is completely within the *rules* of benchmarking. Benching is head to head competition of the system's full capabilities. If the 295 can amount to something larger because of its on-card PhysX processing ability, then that's just what it is.

EDIT: Enough arguing, on with the benchmarks!

You are certainly correct about the PhysX buy. We were all complaining about using PhysX to boost CPU scores; just some misunderstanding. It isn't fair for a GPU to do a CPU's work on a benchmark contest. I don't even think PhysX helps with GPU score.

what i dont understand is why the GPU feature has to get invovled with a cpu bench, pretty stupid if you ask me, dont ya think ?

I don't see what you don't get. PhysX is the process of an Nvidia GPU doing physics processing. Physics procecssing is generally supposed to be done by the CPU.

A benchmarking program such as 3dMark checks some CPU scores with the amount of physics processes it can do in a certain amount of time. A GPU can do much more physic calculations in a much shorter period of time than a CPU can. 3dMark doesn't know what is doing the physic processing since it just checks physics processing altogether and assumes it is the CPU that is doing them. Therefore a computer that is running PhysX will have a higher CPU score because the PhysX calculations are higher, even if the calculations are done on the GPU instead...

Kill me now.

Back
Top Bottom