Legion

Solid State Member
I just got a AMD setup custom built standing in as:
AMD Athlon 7850x2
8GB 667 ram
750 hdd
580 PSU
512MB 9800GT
but eventhough its a good system i am finding games are choppy and slow all drivers are up to date and the game settings perfect (playing gears of war+call of duty 4 on it) but i have spent enough on the system to begin to upgrade already so would an intel E8600 3.33Ghz,8GB 800mhz ram,geforce GTX260 896mb etc be better for games?

I never make a habit to overclock anything causes too many problems.Im running 1280 resolution ive tryed lowering it to 1024x768 but no change.

What make and model if your PSU?

I Think either your CPU or RAM Is being a bottleneck OR your PSU Might not be good enough.

8GB is a bottleneck?!?! Sure it's just 667 but it shouldn't make too much of a difference if I understand correctly.

when did this started happening? has it been like this before?

I would reinstall Windows to clear all the registry, spyware, adware, driver conflicts. But thats me, I like to reinstall windows. Im pretty sure there are alternatives.

It is brand new it started as soon as i did the post,my psu is a silent 650 triple fan i changed it from a 580 as i came to the same conclusion but nothing changed.

Back
Top Bottom