crossfire graphics card combination

Pepzsoduh,

I think it would be a better idea for you to create one thread inquiring about all the hardware questions you have. Trying to decide on parts the way we are, one at the time, can be really hard because they all work together. If we're not dealing with the whole picture we can be creating an unnecessary bottleneck. Just tell us exactly what you want your computer to do, try to give us a budget (even if you don't have one I'm sure you'd like to use the least amount of money possible), and we'll go from there.

ok well, the computer should have a processor with atleast 3.0 GHz and a quad core, the maximum amount of RAM the motherboard will support, a motherbaord that supports crossfire, ati radeon 4890 graphics cards, a full tower cool looking case, a hardrive with good size and 10,000 RPMS, a disk reader and burner, a good fan, a decent sized monitor (22"-24"), thats it pretty much. Overall i want the copmuter to be REALLY good for gaming, its fine if you cant meet the exact standards that i gave. BUDGET: 2,000$

$2,000 should be plenty for your needs. Would you care to go with a newly redesigned quad-core architecture that doesn't quite run at 3.0GHz? I would suggest a Solid State Drive instead of A Hard Disk Drive. With a SSD, you will get speeds that surpass 7,200RPM (I don't know how it compares to 10,000RPM) and you will have no moving parts, which make it harder for the drive to fail. We can definitely find you a cool full tower case, however I recommend you look for your own because, after all, we don't know your tastes. We can also put some pretty LED lights in your case!

how much space do sdd usually have? I'd prefer to have a processor that runs at atleast 3.0 but it dosent nessesarily have to be quad core, tri is ok.
LED lights sound awsome.
THanks!

Well you can run OS and Programs off the SSD (128MB is probably the best price/storage). You can then run a HDD for storage.

alrite that sounds great but what do u mean by run programs off the sdd (little more detailed explamation i'm kinda new to all this)
and do you have a list of components yet?

Solid State Drives (SDD's) use NAND-flash and typically range in the 32-250GB range with a price as little as $80 to as large as $650. They bench in really close if not higher in most cases to the 10k RPM hard drives, such as the VelociRaptor from Western Digital. I would definitely use a SSD for my OS and non-gaming (or low space) applications. Then use a 7200 RPM hard drive for games (or large applications).

Now, for the Rest of the computer - Do you prefer AMD or Intel? Because the Q9650 would be an excellent quad for you, or even an I7 920.

Back
Top Bottom