New Cheap Build

ndatoxicity

Daemon Poster
ok guys, i wanted to sort of do like a practice build before i go with tons of expensive hardware, even though i feel really confident about not screwing up. my dad has agreed to let me buy parts for him to upgrade his outdated really slow dell desktop. ive been picking out cheap parts for him to get, and have thus far come up with it being around $300 with shipping costs. we are also going to be getting a 16gb flash driveto backup all his work files, etc. that is like $30. will list the parts below. also getting an anti static wrist strap because i dont want to short the parts and get my dad SUPER pissed at me... plus im doing at least 2 pc builds this summer if not 3, so i wont be wasting money on just one build. thanks for all your help

what im asking for you to do is just look it over and make sure everything i picked will work fine for a WORK computer, no gaming involved. anything you can do to lower the price w/o sacrificing much speed/performance would be appreciated! thanks again guys

the parts are:

-LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30

-Rosewill R336 BK sturdy construction designed steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 500W 20+4Pin &4SATA Connectors

-Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

-GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 AM2+/AM2 AMD 740G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

-A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1B16K

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor Model AD775ZWCGHBOX

-A-DATA 16GB Flash Drive (USB2.0 Portable) Model C801 16GB WHITE

-Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap

also, one more question - will usb 2.0 work on old usb 1.0 interfaces? i dont know what kind of usb this old dell is, but i doubt its 2.0...

i will be running w7 64 bit - also, how the he11 do i download the windows 7 file anyways??? im always stuck at this one screen with this little wheel that keeps spinning....

we will not be needing a monitor or speakers.... but i want to get him a new keyboard/mouse combo.... i had one picked out but this motherboard only has one ps/2 slot... so that wouldnt work... he doesent need any fancy stuff, just the cheapest mouse/keyboard combo you can find... thanks

thanks again guys =] will take any suggestions

old usb 1 devices will work on usb 2.

What video card will you be using in that build?

You don't need that anti static strap

i would recommend you buy a version of windows or Linux because the download last only 1 year

Worst case scenario if you don't want to spen money right away on an os download ubuntu then dualboot with win 7 so you have something to fall back on when win 7 rc expires. Then buy windows 7 rtm

Anti static wrist band is waste. Just don't shuffle your feet on the carpet and then touch the processor, and you'll be fine ;-)

As for downloading windows 7 from Microsoft.com; you need to use internet explorer to download. The wheel will keep spinning forever if you use any other browser.

As for downloading windows 7 from Microsoft.com; you need to use internet explorer to download. The wheel will keep spinning forever if you use any other browser.

thanks.... +1rep for that

ok guys, will look into everything you said... i just dont want to short my parts, but thanks

ill be using the integrated graphics on the mobo.... its just for work, no gaming... its like ATI 2100 or something crappy

thanks.... +1rep for that

ok guys, will look into everything you said... i just dont want to short my parts, but thanks

ill be using the integrated graphics on the mobo.... its just for work, no gaming... its like ATI 2100 or something crappy

I would suggest still getting an external. Even if it's just a $30 or $40 card, it will still make a world of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom