Who here uses linux?

See. This is what I am talking about. I'm sure if you were to try it out for real, you would really like it.
Nope, I'm sure I wouldn't.

Now hold on, you tell me to try it for real, and then suggest to someone to try a bootable liveCD like Ubuntu? I'm confused.

Yeah, but you have to admit that Ubuntu is a quick easy install. Oh, I forgot Knoppix, not just the live disk, I ran it on the hard drive for several months.

Well, actually the ubuntu installer is just the debian installer modified a little with a shiny GUI. the steps are the same though.

Yeah. I have run basically every distro out there, just to find the best. I still have a 100 gb HD somewhere with 15 partitons, each with a different distro on them.

See. This is what I am talking about. I'm sure if you were to try it out for real, you would really like it.

[Holding light saber in hand but still turned off]

No! You will never be able to turn Jedi Master Atomic Rooster to the dark side! The force is too strong in him!

I have to say that I am a linux die-hard. I have run Ubuntu, and Fedora for the last 3 years, I have a windows box but it doesn't get used for much. I am not a big fan of Ubuntu anymore, it just seems a little too easy and makes certain tasks too hard, like getting into root.

I am making a Smoothwall box for my firewall, but with low funds that is going slow. Most people on the forum know that if they have a linux question then they can ask me and I will do my best to answer it.

So that is me.

Cheers!

Nope, I'm sure I wouldn't.

Now hold on, you tell me to try it for real, and then suggest to someone to try a bootable liveCD like Ubuntu? I'm confused.

He just wanted to see what it looked like. I thought the same the first time I used it, but I am glad I did.

No! You will never be able to turn Jedi Master Atomic Rooster to the dark side! The force is too strong in him!

LOL yeah...pretty much.

Well, actually the ubuntu installer is just the debian installer modified a little with a shiny GUI. the steps are the same though.

I remember using, was it 5 debian disks to install. It seemed to take forever. But you are right Ubuntu, along with quite a few other Linux distros are basically Debian.

Yeah. I have run basically every distro out there, just to find the best. I still have a 100 gb HD somewhere with 15 partitons, each with a different distro on them.

Mine are all on disk, dozens of distros. The few I posted are the only ones I've really tried for any length of time.

Ahh..
i think i know what it is now.
Yes i have Used Linux it was great until it became unstable.
i think windows is better speicaly windows 7 its alot more stable

Ahh..
i think i know what it is now.
Yes i have Used Linux it was great until it became unstable.
i think windows is better speicaly windows 7 its alot more stable

linux became unstable?!
It must have been really bad if windows is better. What distro did you have?

I remember using, was it 5 debian disks to install. It seemed to take forever. But you are right Ubuntu, along with quite a few other Linux distros are basically Debian.

Mine are all on disk, dozens of distros. The few I posted are the only ones I've really tried for any length of time.

Ummm....
It was 5 disks?!
did you use all of the ones on the mirror?
you only need the 1st CD. The rest are just extras.

Linux is nice but if you can't afford to make Bill Gates richer, and tends to run fast on a slower machine.

...Ummm....
It was 5 disks?!
did you use all of the ones on the mirror?
you only need the 1st CD. The rest are just extras.

Yeah, but if you're anything like me, you've got to install all of the extras.

Correct. There is no reason for me to switch to Linux. I've seen it and toyed with it and was not impressed. Windows run just fine and does everything I need it to do. :D

Back
Top Bottom