AMD phenom II vs. intel core i7

foothead

Omnicide now.
Hello out there. I have been hearing more and more often that the new phenom IIs are closely comparable to the i7. I usually use AMD and generally trust them t be better than intel, but lately, they haven't been doing so well. I have been told many times over from the intel fanboys that the phenom II isn't even close to the i7, and is still below the core 2 quad. I highly doubt this, as the phenom II has very good reviews, and I have used the core 2 quad and wasn't really impressed. At first, this was the case because the benchmarks for it were botched, as they were done on AM2 boards with DDR2, not DDR3. SO, what I really want to know is how the 2 stack up against each other.

They both have thier strong point and weaknesses. It just comes down to what suites your needs.

Here's a good review that shows how they stack up against each other: Techgage - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition

Well that's nice to know. It seems to have held its own against the core 2 quads and the 2.66 i7, but it seems to be no match for the i7 extreme(which I expected). It seems to have done pretty well, so I think I'm going to use the 955 in my new system.
BTW does anyone know how it would compare to a xeon?

Back
Top Bottom